close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bucks Pre-Season Ranking

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Fish-N-Fool, Jul 19, 2007.

1. No love from CollegeFootballNews - they say bucks only win 9 games all year and tie for 4th in the league with Purdue. They have it UW, UM, PSU, then Purdue and TOSU. Interesting.

We won't get better with last year's personnel losses, but they act as if we won't have an offense at all - rate our RBs and QBs as middle of the pack in the Big 11. Our D and special teams alone should win 9 games IMO.

I personally think the year will boil down to UW & UM when it is said and done. UW easily the best team on paper coming back. UM has as many questions on the D as we do on the O side, but should score enough to beat most teams. I just flat out don't think PSU will have the D everybody thinks they will and they have a QB that should be good down the road, but will make mistakes this year.

I think Bucks win 10 or 11 (13 game season) and have a chance to gel and surprise some folks. If C. Wells turns it on and stays healthy it will make it tough on opposing defenses if our passing game is even moderate. Either way, the 2008 season will be all Buckeyes as our team will be dynamite even with a few early exits to Sunday play - should be right back in National Title hunt. Sure is great to think of a 10+ win season as a "re-loading" year with a young team.

IMO - Bucks should be somewhere around a 20-25 ranking until they prove otherwise.

I can't wait; I just love college FB!!!

2. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I read that the Bucks have the 9th easiest schedule in all of division 1 college football. They will not lose more than 2 in my mind. MI is gonna be hard to beat this year.

3. The Big 10 has questions everywhere. OSU loses a heisman trophy winner, 2 starting WRs and a starting RB but returns most of its defense. Mich lost alot on defense but returns seniors at QB and RB. Wisky has a decent team but has no QB which could be big trouble for them.

The thing I like about OSU's chances are that almost every guy jumping into a starting role has had playing time last year. These aren't wet behind the ear guys. They know the system, they have played in big games, and they should be ready. If the QB can manage the game and not make big mistakes we could have a real good year.

Jake

4. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Thats one thing about the BIG 10. They just reload and key on shooting!!