close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

buckeyes VS marshall

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by crappielooker, Sep 10, 2004.

1. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

any predictions?? mine is..
    bucks 27
    marshall 10
    hope to see more passing..
    go bucks!!

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Bucks- 45
    Marshall- 0

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I'd expect a blowout tomorrow. Bucks should crush em.

4. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Marshall is a good ball team. Might be better than Cincinnati. They've had 5 years to prepare for Ohio State. They are no fluke. Not even going to try to predict a score, because it could be close tomorrow.

5. catking

catking Banned

They are a VERY GOOD team. I'll say Marshall by 6 points. I know I blew the Cincy game, but take this prediction to the bank :cool: ........DA KING !!!

6. o.s.u.---------------45
    marshall-------------10

7. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

Oh come on now! Marshall is NOT as good as they have been in recent years! Didn't they lose last week to a crappy team?

OSU - 50 something

Marshall - 7 or less

This one is BIG for the Buckeyes. They will use these poor saps to stake their claim in the national scene. They will use this game to pad their stats, you watch. True freshmen by the 4th quarter!

8. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

King,

You willing to put a little wager on that? Say a day fishing/lunch in your neck of the woods if Marshall loses, or a day fishing/lunch in my neck of the woods if da Bucks lose? ;)

9. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

i think ohio state will win this one.they'll wear marshall down in the 1st half.but i don't really see a blow out on the score board unless it happens with the 2nd and 3rd stringers.that's what i like about tressel,he wins and gets good playing time for the 2nd and 3rd stringers.that's what helps the teams success the following year and if a starter goes down with an injury his replacement has playing time under his belt.
    they say that blow out scores don't affect the polls.i don't really beleive that but tressel proved 2 years ago that you don't need to put alot of points on the board to win it all.

10. MLAROSA

MLAROSA Loving Life

Anyoneknow what time Kickoff is? I thought noon, but then I thought I heard 330.....Thanks

11. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

kickoff is at 3:30

12. MLAROSA

MLAROSA Loving Life

Thank you Thank you Thank you!

13. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

holy crap..what a great game..Nugent came thru for us again this time.. couple of BS plays that could easily be avoided..the final score is what matters..
    GO Bucks!!..

14. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

We could not run the ball well, our D gave up to many plays..Zwick looked good at times, bad at others..A win is a win I guess..Nice to have a qb who can throw the ball downfield.

15. catking

catking Banned

DA KING !!! will pass on any bets :D ................Hey, it was CLOSE guys, and Marshall missed an easy FG ;) that probably would have won it. By the way, Troy beat Marshall last week, but Troy also beat Missouri this week. THE CATKING

16. There were several facets of the Bucks game that are concerning for on down the line. Yes, they did win this one and a win is a win but sooner or later these types of wins will not fall their way.:rolleyes:

Once again there was no real established running game. They just could not get a push up front expecially late in the game when the Bucks like to pride themselves on dominating. The passing game shows some real promise with an incredible fleet of receivers. Zwick showed at times that he could find receivers but he also really showed his youth and inexperience at other times. They can not simply let him throw blindly into double coverages and not seeing safeties.

The loss of Dustin Fox for the next few weeks may really prove to be damaging. I think it hurt quite a bit Saturday as they seemed to lack any aggressive plays from the secondary. Probably the most alarming part of their defensive performance was the way they were smashed in the mouth time and again with the running game late. The defensive front really looked slow and tired in that stretch. I don't think the lineman made a single play during the stretch when Marshall was pushing them around. The linebackers were active but the backs were getting too much room to start. Simon Fraser has been somewhat dissapointing thus far.

So to sum it up, thank goodness for Mike Nugent and for a few poor decisions in hindsight from Marshall.

Go Bucks!

17. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Wow Shawn, great call.

Fantastic game to watch, but sure does leave me concerned for the rest of the season. We looked like a Florida team out there winging the ball around so much in the first half.

18. warning to all cardiac patients. don't be a buckeye fan!