close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

buckeyes are AWFULL

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by dip, Oct 9, 2004.

1. dip

dip dip

yeah i know a true fan is sposed to stand by their team but that's the catch word: TEAM! what the heck is OSU putting out there but a pack of loosers. sure glad i didn't buy the ticks i was offered. :mad:

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Probably the worst offense this side of the Browns I have seen..Cant pass or run.

3. flathunter

Also, why does ZWICK keep over throwing recievers???I was hopeing he would be a good one, but he has to improve alot just to be mediocre.

4. dip

dip dip

instead of wasting my time watching them loose next weekend i'm gonna stoop to trolling for saugereyez..... don't anticipate them winning a single big ten game..... agin mudchicken i'm gonna predict 62-0 mudchicken.

5. I still stand by my original prediction 8-3.A lot of the problems are coming from the bench,not the field.You can't beat good defensive teams by being conservative(playing not to lose,instead of playing to win).Perfect case scenario;Third and one and you go with a pass play,shows to everybody that Tressel has no faith in the running game.As bad as it looks right now,I think they'll beat Michigan in a close one,but I think they'll get pummeled by Purdue,they should win all the others including the Iowa game.No predictions on any bowl game though.

6. flathunter

Tressle has no faith in the running game becuase they have a very poor running game..And now it looks like the passing game is just as bad...I think we will rebound in a couple years, but untill then wins aginst big ten teams will be hard to come by.

7. Minnesota blew it bigtime today! If they would have beaten Michigan,they had a nearly straight shot at the title(they don't play Purdue or OSU).Purdue offensively looks awesome,but I kind of like Wisconsin's chances.Better running game,and better defense than the Boiler's.I'll go with Wisconsin,even though I hate em'!

8. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

all i can say is they were an :eek:
    i agree,river walker.
    i've said in the past,that's the one thing i don't like about tressle's approach.something is wrong somewhere.i think they do have some talent,even though they lost a lot this year.for some reason they're not playing up to their potential(even if it's not that great)
    maybe tressle should rethink his qb situation(among other things) if zwick doesn't come around soon.i haven't seen much of troy,but i have a hunch he can't do any worse :rolleyes:
    though the O line isn't the greatest,zwick is more at fault for getting sacked so much,due to his own lack of ability.
    geeze,i think he's been sacked more this year,than krenzel was in his carreer :eek:
    even with a weak line,lots of those could be avoided if he played smarter.

9. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

At the rate we're going, we'll be lucky to pull out a bowl birth this year.

Oh well, I guess you have to have some bad seasons - after all, we've just come off of two excellent seasons. Can't be great year after year.

10. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

This is the same team that won the BCS a few years ago and lost 1 game last year. Unfortunately their game plan caught up with them this year. One or 2 plays go differently the past 2 weeks and they win. And you guys are talking championship. They aren't awful, it just isn't their year.

11. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

yes it is(OSU).and the same team will be playing 10 years from now.one small difference is the players change from year to year.
    well,they sure ain't great,which could be part of the reason that "it just isn't their year." :rolleyes:

12. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

The players do change, and they aren't great. But their players change every year and they still win. True, the running game isn't their best, but the kicking game has improved. And they never have been great, even when they won the BCS. It is the same team, with the same coach, with the same style of play with the same defense wins attitude. When they won the BCS, about 5 plays change around in that season and they are 7 and 5 instead of 12 and 0. Go to some crummy bowl, like that one on the blue field. 2 plays go differently this year and they are undefeated and looking forward to Michigan to claim the big 10 title and their BCS bid.

13. im a big buckeye fan...heck i have a big tattoo on my leg of brutus...
    true we cant do any worse with smith but theres something about
    him....oh i know he play just like stanly jackson and we all B@&ched
    about him..... :rolleyes: but then we would have a running game :p
    i say let smith play one half and if its not any better then go back to zwick.
    and i have the cure for our running game....BENCH ROSS!!!!!!!!
    pitman in my eyes has won the spot....
    the only thing ross was won is a golden globe...for falling down when the wind blows!!!!!
    fish4wall
    ps
    did anyone catch what Brent Musburger said...
    he said "he likes the cock on the outside" :eek:
    i know he was taking about pitcock but man that was funny :D