Buckeye

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by Phil Carver, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Anyone have a report for Buckeye ? Would love to get out around fairfield again .

2. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

I posted in the Central Ohio forums. I tried to get one started here where it's supposed to be but it never had any followups.

There was 5-6 inches of ice as of yesterday at 4:30 PM. There were some fish being caught but not by me. Fairfield Beach area!

3. Phil Carver

Good Deal ! Thanks for the ice report . Looks like I will be heading out this evening . :)

4. As of Sat.evening the ice is still around 4" thick & plenty of Fish being caught.

5. Be careful, there was some open water there as of Friday night off Fairfield Beach as you hang a right off the point.

6. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

I just keep wondering while I'm out there when one of those quads is going to crash through! At some point that has to be hard on the ice.

7. Phil Carver

Went out last night . The fishing was slow . I met up with NITRO-RIDER & Greenfish77 . I ended up catching a real nice one just after we all got settled in . After that things were very slow . I ended up with 2 more eaters and a catfish . NITRO-RIDER ended up with one eater and 2 cigars and that was it . we fished from around 7 or so until 1:30 .

The lake was very noisy last night . The temp dropped and the lake started to rumble . I saw some 2" wide cracks open up while we were there . Looks like all good things will have to come to an end . The extend weather report is showing temps in the 50's & 60's along with some thunder storms . :(

8. It Was A Little Slow But Still A Good Time. Thanks For The Bait Phil, I Don't Think I Thanked You Sat. Night. Looks Like We Will Have To Wait Till Next Year To Do It Again. After This Weeks Warm Forcast I'm Looking Forward To Maybe Getting Some Largemouth In Open Water This Weekend.