Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
341 Posts
Buckeye is back up as of this past weekend, the crappie bite was on fire earlier this week.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Just came off buckeye this morning the temp was 53 when I left tonight it was 57 good water depth a little stained. seen a few s-eyes caught on chatr. cranks I caugth a couple bass on a jig. The carp were jumping and rolling around int the shallows
Geowol

·
Banned
341 Posts
Yeah Buckeye is really warming up, didn't get out there until this evening and fished to about 1:30 AM, catfish where biting like crazy and I also got a couple carp. I saw a bass or two jump, didn't check the points for any saugeye activity, crappie where on the prowl. Would love to hit this lake in the daytime right now, but that may have to wait a few weeks, and by then my favorite lake Hoover should start heating up. It is pretty cool to live in Central Ohio, lots of lakes to choose from :)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Hopefully I get to fish Buckeye this year. A guy I work with says he knows where the bass are up there, hopefully I'll learn a thing or two while I'm there

·
Administrator
2007 Stratos 486 FS
13,584 Posts
Ewww...buckeye! Mud hole! :)

Rainer...if you want to get me the dates/locations of your Monday nighters this year, I'll post em on the calendar. All I ask is that you try and post the results as much as you can in the tourney forum. Might want to start a post explaining the specfics (times, rules, costs, etc..).

·
Administrator
2007 Stratos 486 FS
13,584 Posts
My bad...I should prolly look before I open my mouth!

Yeah, 6 of us went to the Holler @ TN. Got into some NICE smallies, and of course lost the biggest 4 fish we had hooked. 1 line break (we were using 6lb) and the rest were from those bad Ohio hooksets...go figure.

www.isights.com/dh/dalehollow.htm for a few pics. Been to lazy to upload all of em.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Phil,

I drove by last week, water level is getting close to summer level. The canal
that runs past the gas station in Millersport was near full, a couple of boats tied up to docks as well.

·
Banned
341 Posts
Actually one of the best things about Buckeye, is no matter what the weather, it stays pretty much the same. There are no major rivers or creeks running into it to muddy it up any more then it normally is after a week of rain. It is sort of like an overgrown farmers pond, you can normally count on it being fishable when just about everywhere else is not.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ok Crappiebub don't get me started or i send Tom up and eat all your eggs,HeHe! So were going fish this weekend its going to be nice out,still really made my mind up jet its going to be one of the three Buckeye,salt frok,or that place i found the short cut to.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts