close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Buckeye ?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Phil Carver, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Has the water level came back up to the summer pool yet ? I am planning on hitting it real soon and hope that I can get to some of my favorite spots . :D

2. Miso_Ohio

Miso_Ohio Green Eggs And Ham

Buckeye is back up as of this past weekend, the crappie bite was on fire earlier this week.

3. Phil Carver

Thanks Miso :D I greatly appreciate the info .

4. Just came off buckeye this morning the temp was 53 when I left tonight it was 57 good water depth a little stained. seen a few s-eyes caught on chatr. cranks I caugth a couple bass on a jig. The carp were jumping and rolling around int the shallows
    Geowol

5. Miso_Ohio

Yeah Buckeye is really warming up, didn't get out there until this evening and fished to about 1:30 AM, catfish where biting like crazy and I also got a couple carp. I saw a bass or two jump, didn't check the points for any saugeye activity, crappie where on the prowl. Would love to hit this lake in the daytime right now, but that may have to wait a few weeks, and by then my favorite lake Hoover should start heating up. It is pretty cool to live in Central Ohio, lots of lakes to choose from :)

6. Phil Carver

I agree Miso , there are to many lakes around the area or close by to know where you'll end up next ! :D

7. Hopefully I get to fish Buckeye this year. A guy I work with says he knows where the bass are up there, hopefully I'll learn a thing or two while I'm there

8. I'll be there with Gator Sunday 7-3. 1st Club tourney of 04

9. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Ewww...buckeye! Mud hole! :)

Rainer...if you want to get me the dates/locations of your Monday nighters this year, I'll post em on the calendar. All I ask is that you try and post the results as much as you can in the tourney forum. Might want to start a post explaining the specfics (times, rules, costs, etc..).

10. already done. Didn't you go south and catch some biguns this winter?

11. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

My bad...I should prolly look before I open my mouth!

Yeah, 6 of us went to the Holler @ TN. Got into some NICE smallies, and of course lost the biggest 4 fish we had hooked. 1 line break (we were using 6lb) and the rest were from those bad Ohio hooksets...go figure.

www.isights.com/dh/dalehollow.htm for a few pics. Been to lazy to upload all of em.

12. Phil,

I drove by last week, water level is getting close to summer level. The canal
    that runs past the gas station in Millersport was near full, a couple of boats tied up to docks as well.

13. Whats up need some info on Buckeye im thinking of hitting it this friday what know if it is a mud hole our not :D

14. crappiebub

crappiebub Justcrazy's Guide!

Do you go through Marietta to get to Buckeye? :) Better fill up the gas tank! :D

15. CarpBrokeMyLine

CarpBrokeMyLine Worm Farmer

Caught a 22" Hybrid Striped Bass, 4 cats, 4 sunfish and a nice carp last Friday evening in about 90 minutes.

16. Miso_Ohio

Actually one of the best things about Buckeye, is no matter what the weather, it stays pretty much the same. There are no major rivers or creeks running into it to muddy it up any more then it normally is after a week of rain. It is sort of like an overgrown farmers pond, you can normally count on it being fishable when just about everywhere else is not.

17. Ok Crappiebub don't get me started or i send Tom up and eat all your eggs,HeHe! So were going fish this weekend its going to be nice out,still really made my mind up jet its going to be one of the three Buckeye,salt frok,or that place i found the short cut to.