Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to buckeye even with the reports of some of my buddies saying its dead. Put the rod in the water trying some new bait and I had white bass all night long. My night was highlighted by about a 3 foot or so striper snapping my 15 lb line like it was nothing. He was basically swimming to me and once he saw me I could not adjust my drag quick enough. Oh yeah caught some cats too lol. Overall it was a fun night and I have some good cut up hands. Hey mushi... Ya gotta love it.

·
AKA Dnavarroj
1,368 Posts
not trying to be funny, or anything, but when i go there. I catch a ton of baby stripers. Not whitebass.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not trying to be funny, or anything, but when i go there. I catch a ton of baby stripers. Not whitebass.
See I always thought there were more stripers in buckeye than white bass but these were for sure 100% positive white bass. Stipers tend to have teeth like a large mouth but usually can do a lot more damage to your line. These guys had no teeth on the lips.

·
Registered
140 Posts
glad to hear someone caught something.. .was at buckeye saturday night over near the dam/overflow didnt catch a thing... although my son had his 10lb test snaped like nothing ...not sure what it was but he set the hook and boom it was over....

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Buckeye has tons of fish but there aren't stripers they are wipers. I thought I caught some white bass there too, I'm sure there are some in there. Surely do catch a lot of little wipers though.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hybrids have the broken up stripes right? These guys had none. They had perfect stripes all the way down. Thats what I had been told growing up.

·
should slow down
115 Posts
i caught a few in ceasers creek last week.. small though

·
Registered
397 Posts
We have caught white bass up to 15" in Caesar this year but I think they are starting to affect the saugeyes. The last saugeyes we caught were skinny with shrunken looking stomachs. 17" inchers looked they should have been 13" long

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
There are true white bass in Buckeye but they are very limited in numbers.Misfit & I probably have caught 2 this year and a hundred wipers.Nothing like the numbers of the early 70's when you could catch hundreds of white bass a day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts