close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Buckeye United Fly Fishers Show

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Sawdust, Jan 4, 2008.

1. If you enjoy fly fishing, or are just interested in learning more about the sport, the Buckeye United Fly Fishers (BUFF) will hold their annual Greater Cincinnati Fly Fishing Show on Saturday, February 9, 2008 at the Receptions Banquet and Conference Center. The Center is located at 5975 Boymel Drive, off of Route 4 in Fairfield (only minutes north of I-275). The show is open to everyone. Show hours are from 9:00 am until 4:30 pm. Tickets are $6 per person; Children 12 and under are admitted free. Parking is also free.

The show will offer a wide variety of activities including seminars, ongoing fly tying and rod building demonstrations, door prizes, exhibits by fly shops, guides, outfitters, equipment representatives, other fishing clubs, state and local resource groups, and more. The seminars include “Eastern Tennessee Fly Fishing”, “Fly Fishing Lake St. Clair”, and “Kayak Fishing: Do’s & Don’ts in the Bluegrass”.

A ‘Kids Corner” will offer kids the opportunity to get hands-on instruction on tying a fly that they can keep, enter a “kids-only” door prize drawing, and collect a variety of youth-oriented outdoor literature to take home.

2. Went last year. Its a really good show to learn somethings about fly fishing. I will be there and be looking at the fly tying more since I just started this year tying.

Chris

3. Sounds like a good show. If I am not on the water, I may make the show, including the kids who like to tie jigs.

4. Bump..Show is this Saturday, Ill be splitting time manning the TU and Flyfishohio.com booth, stop by and introduce yourself!

Salmonid