close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Buckeye Trail Ponds near H and N at AEP

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fly_Fisher, May 18, 2004.

1. Fly_Fisher

Fly_Fisher Owner - JTC Outfitters

WE fished off the buckeye trail just past camp H going up the hill where the trail crosses the road. Walk in about 1/4 mile or so and you will see the pond down on your right side. You keep walking until the trail almost reaches the water (about less than 5 minute walk from the car and a kayak is no problem in this pond). Fish the pond al the way to the end on both sides of the put in area, it is about one mile long and real narrow, but contains some nice fish! All the way in the back, you can walk up over the hill, and down the other side and fish another small pond, I caught on 12 inch bass and several bluegill, but nothing to brag about :mad: . I think if you can get into pond #52, you will hit the jackpot. We have some guys that fish that every year and always do very well, for larger bass and larger gillies. Did very well last week, but it is a haul to get to off the buckeye trail :( ! Good luck! :)

2. Thanks for the report! Glad to hear that the fishing was good. I don’t know how I will be able to get through work tomorrow (I leave for AEP after work tomorrow)!

3. Thanks for the report, Let us know how ya go rooster. I hope to get my canoe down there sometime this summer. Good Luck!