close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Buckeye this Saturday

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by DaleM, Feb 4, 2009.

1. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Buckeye should be good this weekend. I'll be out Saturday with my brother off Fairfield. The ice is 9-10" thick so the warmer weather won't hurt a thing yet.
    The eyes are hitting as well as some nice perch and crappies. Most are hitting jigs tipped with minnow heads . The best bite has been between 11:00 and 3:00 in that time frame ayway.
    The warm weather should make it a nice day to be out enjoying the season.
    If your out look me up. We should be between the Marsh and the island where the new condos are being built off Fairfield beach.

2. See you on the lake dale..thanks for your post

3. I heard rumor that Hummingbird may be there Saturday to display some new flashers etc. I guess there was a rep down by fairfield beach earlier in the week scoping out the area, so it may be something to check out if you are going to be around. If they aren't there...don't shoot the messenger..haha :)

4. He was at Indian about a week ago i heard. One guy said first one he showed them would not even show your lure on the screen. :p Needless to say they were not to impressed.

5. We'll see ya there dale we were next to your brother last sunday when he caught jumbo perch. Hope the fish are biting like they were last weekend.