Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never fished for Striper before. I plan on going to Buckeye on Thursday. Any tips as to what to use and how to present it? I will be shore fishing. All help is appreciated.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Find a deep spot and use a double jig and grub set up and you should get some if the stripers have not slowed down out there yet. I was working it really slow just bumping it every once and awhile. Once you find them you might even consider jigging a spoon.

Lively Minnow on a weightless or even a little weight on a hook is something I believe I read earlier this year when people were catching them from shore out there also. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
From shore keep it simple real simple Liver. Have a slip rig and if useing two poles keep one of the bales open with the line in your hand to detect catfish bites, also sit back just a lil to give you time to grab your other pole as it may head to the water ina hurry, do not tite line off of the picnic tables they just turn into launching ramps. The state park in millersport is a good spot, also try to fish the area of the inlet for a lil bit at least. Good luck and good fishing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts