close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Buckeye Monday.

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by DaleM, May 20, 2008.

1. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

I made it out to Buckeye with my brother for a little eye trolling. WE were out for about 3 hours before the wind blew us off.We were in him small boat and the waves were coming over the front so much we had to get off the lake. We did catch a few nice eyes and a few very nice crappies trolling. The eyes were all about 16-18" long. The biggest crappie was over 13" long.. All were caught on crankbaits. Here's a few pictures I took. Notice how the water was getting a little rough! Also one of a nice crappie and 2 decent eyes. Those were both 16''.Nothing big but Nice eaters:p I'll be back out there Saturday in my boat, so if you see the OGF flag give me a shout.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

sounds like a regular thing lately out there,LOL.we tried anchoring saturday,and were on some fish,but anchors wouldn't hold with that 30 mph wind,which was also too much for comfortable trolling:rolleyes:
    at least you didn't get drowned by the rain like we did,LOL.

3. hey that is a pretty nice looking small boat, how big is it and what brand is it? i wish mine had a live well, id build one into it but i dont want to add the weight. thats ok ill be upgrading next year or this fall and be selling this one off for someone a good hoover boat btw...congrats ont he fish in just a limited amount of time...all u guys are puttin a hurtin on the eyes at buckeye lately.

4. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

The boat is an older Blue Fin. He's had it for quite a while now. Not to deep but a good all around boat. We'll have my 19' Deep V Tracker out this weekend. Lots more room and a bit more comfy to be in all day. I'll hope to have more pictures to post after this weekend.The eyes were hitting real well as we missed a few also in that time. WE know where and how, now if the weather stays nice we should have a ball.

5. nice Buckeye eyes dale but you should have put them back so Misfit and I could have caught them later when I get back,after all we are still drying out from our last cluster attempt for them during Gale force winds and the downpour:p