Buckeye Lake???

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by GOTEM', May 24, 2008.

1. GOTEM'

GOTEM' K C C O

Sunday, friends and I are goin out to the Bonham's house on Orchard Island.(Buckeye Lake) I've never tried to catch anything but cats out of there because of the water. I was wondering what advice you would have for me to catch something other then cats, like eyes, bass, and craps. We prob can get one of there boats during the day, but would most likley be fishing off the island.(Island is on the West end of the lake F.Y.I) Do people eat fish out of there??
    Any advice would be very helpful. Thanks GOTEM'

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

I will be eating some nice Saugeye fillets this week we caught today. My brother has caught around 50 eyes this year and we haven't had any that tasted bad yet!:D

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

if you get the boat out,try trolling or casting for saugeyes.small cranks,jig/minnie,roadrunner/minie should produce.not sure which spots are producing now,but the towpath,north shore and faifield beach areas should hold fish.maybe even some of the channels.
    btw,nobody eats fish from there,so if you happen to catch some eyes or crappies,give me a yell and i'll dispose of them in the safe and proper manner;)

4. DaleM

Maybe this picture will show it better, yes we do eat the fish from Buckeye:p
    This was one we caught today getting the knife.

[​IMG]

5. DaleM

Here's a few more that will be dinner:p AS Rick said we'd be glad to dispose of any you catch!!;)

[​IMG]

6. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

that's what i'm talkin' 'bout:D
    nice going buddy:)
    hope you didn't catch them all,cause i'll be chasing them next week;)

7. GOTEM'

GOTEM' K C C O

Thanks for the info, hope to catch some dinner for our overnighter on Orchard Island. About what depth are the fish holden in? and has anyone been gettin into any bass/crappie? Thanks Again

8. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i think you'll find fish at just about any depth right now.you'll find different depths in the above mentioned areas.