Ohio Game Fishing banner

Buckeye Lake

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  jshbuckeye 
#1 ·
Fished Friday night and Saturday Morning. Managed to catch 64 crappie. All but 4 were 9+ and caught (2) 12 1/2 inchers. All on roadrunners. Also got a 3lb walleye just before the rain came in Saturday. Depths were 4-6 feet with a few shallower. 2 bass tournaments were going on Saturday so it felt like there were more boats than fish in the water. I would have to say that the water clarity was unbelievable for that lake. 4 ft clear and that is no exaggeration. Fishing mainly around Cranberry Marsh. Does anyone know of any other areas at Buckeye that offer good early spring Crappie action?

#5 ·
Does anyone know of any other areas at Buckeye that offer good early spring Crappie action?
I haven't hit any crappie yet this year, but Mud Island is usually pretty decent. So is the canal over at Brooks Park, although if you're in a boat you can't get past the foot bridge. You could also try the docks at the ranger station at Lieb's, my father-in-law said he caught several nice ones along with a big gill over there a few days ago. I'm hoping this weekend will have them turned on and ready to play! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.