close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Buckeye Lake

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bassteaser1, Mar 24, 2005.

1. bassteaser1

bassteaser1 Feared by all that swim

Just got back from frigid Buckeye and my fingers have thawed enough to type.The water on the lake was 41 when I got there at 4 p.m. and I finished in a canal where it was 39 at 7 p.m. I never got a hit or even seen a swirl.I talked to one guy that said last week the crappies were hitting but nothing lately.Yesterdays rain seemed to muddy up the water a bit more than usual cold water buckeye color.I didn't have any live bait so I tried trolling crankbaits on rocky bottoms and drops for saugeye and casting jigs in the canals for crappie but no takers.The good news is that my boat seems to be running alot better with the new plugs.

2. CLappert

CLappert Gander Mtn./OBFN

I was out in the am 9-12 results were about the same water temps were down 10-15 deg. from last fri when I was out there found 54+ last week

3. Where did you find 54+? I was out on Sunday last week and found 42, but didn't try to get to the east side.

4. cold and rainy so i should have the north bank all to myself except for the willing fish hope and pray they have to eat sometime right ill let ya know later on how i did
    ________
    Fat Woman Live

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  5. CLappert

CLappert Gander Mtn./OBFN

inthe back bays on the south side the temps were after noon with full sun then the rain moved in on Sat that killed the temps

6. Warpath and I hit Buckeye again today. In the afternoon, we were hitting water temps of 48 in Maple Swamp