close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Buckeye lake?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Hotntot, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Just wondering if the ice is off Buckeye yet? The WOWC is supposed to have a tourney this weekend if the ice is off. I appreciate any info someone can give me , was hoping to get up there to do a little prefishing. Thanks alot.

2. My buddy just went there and got on the crappi.. They were on a boat so I am assuming the ice is off... Good luck.

3. Ice is off of Buckeye was out there sunday didnt catch anything was working a huky jerk and a jig. Sounds like I need to fix the bearings on my trailer and get the boat out there after some of the crappie.
    ________
    Vaporizer Silver Surfer

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  4. Robocat

Robocat Rob

I drove out to Buckeye Lake this past Friday and stopped at both Lieb's Island and Fairfield Beach area and both of these areas were free of Ice....I'm starting to get Fishing fever and hope we get some warmer weather soon.

5. CLappert

CLappert Gander Mtn./OBFN

Did anyone note the water temp while you were out

6. fet

fet

The lake is open. It is about 15"s low but plenty fishable. The only ice I saw was in the canals. Not sure about water temp but it hasn't come up much if at all since the ice came off. The only reason it's not skimming over nightly is b/c of wind. With the highs forcasted this week things should be good by tourny time. Good luck!

7. The water temp. was 40, Monday

8. Great, Thanks alot guys ! Sounds like the weather will be pretty good ,it should be a good tourney.

9. bassteaser1

bassteaser1 Feared by all that swim

whens the weigh in and where at,I would like to check it out.Is it an open tourny,if so do you have any info?

10. I believe you have to be a member but it's only $20. Entry fees are $80 per team w/ a $10 optional big pot. As a member you can fish the other tourneys & accumulate points toward the Championship, & receive the club newsletter. They have an 80% payback with plaques for the top 5 in each tourney. After Buckeye this weekend they're going to Alum, Rocky fork,Cj Brown, Hoover then Indian lake for the Championship in Oct. You should come on out, it's a well run club with a pretty good bunch of guys, I think you'll have fun! Oh yeah, I think they can only take cash @ the ramp on the day of the tournament.

11. Sorry, They are going out of Leibs 6:30/7:00 am so if you want to fish it you might want to get there before 6 am to get signed up. The weigh-in is @ 3pm. Hope to see you there it should be a good tournament.

12. bassteaser1

I would love to fish some tournaments but that's a little rich for my blood.I can barely afford gas anymore.Taxes go up,gas goes up,Licenses in general goes up,new "PARK" fees but my wages never do.I'll have to look for a poor mans club locally.I'll try to get out and watch the weigh in.What boat are you guys in?

13. CLappert

CLappert Gander Mtn./OBFN

I think that is a walleye tourn. Bassteaser there are some sun. 1/2 day bass tourn. set up to start in may or june run by buckeye bassers club it will be 10.00 a man if you go check C.O.T.A.A .com there is a good list of all the tournaments

14. Bass teaser, I posted for my former partner , he's fishing the tourney. I know exactly what you mean that's why I'm taking this year off. I need to save some $$. I think I'm going to go anyway & maybe see if they need any help , if not I may do some fishing I heard they're catching some crappie & probably try for some saugeye too from the bank.

15. bassteaser1

I would like to check into the Tue or Thur tournies.Last year I got into the Crappies at Buckeye early but not much size to them.I've pretty much got my boat ready except for things like packing bearings.

16. I assume the tournament is on Saturday?

17. Beatsworkin, The tournament is on Sunday.

18. Nickadams

Nickadams goenfurshen

I was out at Buckeye today. I was thorwing for some bass, but had no luck. Plenty of saugeye fisherman. Talked to one guy who said they caught one about 15" along with some crappies and catfish. My buddy lost a crappie at the boat. It got really windy and rough so we left. Water temps ranged from 44-46 degrees from what I saw.

19. neighbor called me over to look at 28 nice crappie from buckeye ive seen him in the heron bay area last yr but thats all i know other then he cought them on friday
    ________
    Ferrari F1-86 History

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011