close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

buckeye lake

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bones, Feb 17, 2005.

1. bones

bones blah-blah-blah

has anyone been down to buckeye lake?i was thinking about heading down thereon sunday(the 20th) or monday and was wondering if anyone was doing any good.

2. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

Was there Wednesday at Liebs Island and caught a mess of crappies. Biting on minnows (small minnows). They did not want the bass sized ones. No saugeyes although I didn't expect any in the middle of the day.
    Good luck!

3. Stupid question but is there ice there still or was it open?

4. shroomhunter

As far as I could see it was open. It may get a skim of ice on it with this cold spell but the sun should melt it off quickly.

5. Great I might have to make it up there on Sunday. Thanks for the heads up.

6. Hey Mushroomman what time of day were you out there? Early, late afternoon? When. Thanks. I'm thinking I might get out there Sunday mid afternoon.

7. shroomhunter

I got there around 10 AM and fished untill 3 PM. The bite was off and on as there was a front moving through with some flurries. Every time the sky would get real dark they would bite fast. Then as the clouds moved away they dropped off. Around 1 PM the sky cleared and the sun came out and they turned on again for about 20 minutes. About the longest stretch without a bite was 20 mins. The smaller minnows seemed to be the best. They were very picky about that, I always believe the bigger the minnow the bigger the crappie but that was not the case that day.
    My Grandfather always told me when I was real young: You can't catch a fish if your line ain't in the water! Go get'em and good luck!!! They'll eat, just gotta be there feeding them.

8. bones

bones blah-blah-blah

hey fishintiger i plan to be up there around 1pm of so around the spillway or out on the point by the spillway if its not raining.if its raining i will just go to alum its alot closer.if you see a silver dodge truck stop and say hi. thanks for the info mushroomman.