close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Buckeye lake?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bluufrdtrk, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Any one been fishing here lately. I will probaly be going tomarrow night since i will be getting my car back finally. I was wondering how the saugeye have been biting.
    I have not been since october when my tranny went out and that evening misse one of the biggest saugeyes ive hooked. If the saugeye aint biting i will try for some crappie or catfish.
    I will post my results if i go.
    thanks in advance for any help
    bobby

btw this site has really helped me through these hard times not being able to fish.

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Good luck on the fishing. With the weather getting colder those fish should start biting. Crappie like the colder weather. Let us know how you do.

3. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

I'm a Saugeye rookie. Where at Buckeye are good places to try for those critters?

4. Thanks DaleM
    Gonefishin
    If i go i will be fishing the west side of sellers point, because of the south east winds tonight. Other good spots are northshore, Fairfeild beach area and ive caught a few at liebs island of the boat ramps.
    bobby

5. The saugeye fishing at Buckeye has been extremely disappointing this fall. The "regulars" have all but deserted Buckeye Lake! The water is still very turbid (algae), but once it begins clearing up things may change...(?)

I wouldn't make the drive unless I didn't have any other options. However, as is often the case with B/L, it can turn off and on from day to day, so never say never. Good luck if you go--you'll probably have the entire lake to yourself from what I've been seeing.

6. Well toboso, you hit it right on the head. I ended up going to north shore, and did not see a single sole fishing. Fished jigs and minnows on the bottem, with no luck at all, not even crappie or cats wich is weird for the bucket.
    Oh well i will keep trying.
    thanks again for the replys
    bobby