close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Buckeye lake water and bite

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishmaniac, Feb 3, 2005.

1. fishmaniac

fishmaniac OGF Team-charter member

Anybody know if the water is clearing up or is it still muddy? Have the saugeyes been biting at FF beach , or how about the old club 151 hole (papa boos) Looking to icefish this weekend and any help would be appreciated. Heard the night bite has been fairly good at ff beach 6-10p.m. Also, has anybody ever caught any of the hybrids through the ice? How about yellow perch? they say they are in there???

2. fishmaniac

fishmaniac OGF Team-charter member

almost forgot,can PM me with sensitive info. thanks!!!

3. Fished tonight with Mushroomman, he caught about an 8" crappie, no saugeyes. Water was clear and the ice was really popping, about 5-6" thick at our spot. Crossed a newly formed crack with water leaking out as we stepped across. Be careful this weekend, lots of cracks out there .

I have not heard of much happening other than dinks. Good luck if you go!

4. Yesterday's ice was OK, but will change quickly depending on amount of rain & wind. There was good, clear ice under the slush and the edges were good. The water is still not "clear" by ice standards and the water is still dropping...perhaps the reasons the fish have been rather funky.

I've been all over the lake during the past few weeks. The bite has been very sporadic and largely non-existent. I do have a mess of crappie & saugeye in the fridge, but they came "Johnny Cash style" (one piece at a time) :D

5. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

I will be out at Fairfield Beach Tomorrow(Wed). I will post conditions when I get back.

6. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

SWL Schools called off because of the dense fog and major winter storm that paralyzed the Pataskala area today. I was daddy daycare for the day and decided against taking the children out in this terrible storm. Maybe when the storm subsides and we get dug out I'll make it out. :D

7. My partner went today while I was slaving away at work...He called in with a goose-egg creel report and ice that was "OK" (but not great). Sounds like it's definitely one day at a time. The weather forecast looks like a holding pattern for the ice for another day or two--after that ???

8. bassteaser1

bassteaser1 Feared by all that swim

I just got a 9.9 so I am selling my early 90's 8 hp longshaft Mercury tiller.It is a nice clean motor with low hours.I only used it a few times in the last couple years.It has always been maintained and winterized.Asking $800 My number is 614-920-0408 or email thedotters@sbcglobal.net

Attached Files: