Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember somebody talking on here about a catfish tournament, did it ever happen? Will it ever happen? Also what are some other open tournaments at the lake, I'd like to start fishing competitively and know this lake like the back of my hand!

·
BASS prodigy
1,188 Posts
Buckeye crappie challenge: october 8th, 2011. Its the clasic so u can get over 1,500 bucks. Go to www.buckeyecrappiechallenge.com and look at the schedule. The founder isn't to update either and me and dad are waller and waller, currently in like 8th place.
Kyle
HPT
CP

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Bag'em and Tag'em
939 Posts
There are two tournament series out at Buckeye. I was hosting one and after 2 attempts and few boats I let the idea go the way of old yeller. Now, a guy named Dana has them over at fairfield beach friday nights i believe his next one is August 13th which is a saturday night and its 7PM to 7AM. Dana pulls some boats but he has been doing this for a couple years now so he was patient enough to get them going I on the other hand found it to be more of a hassle than anything else.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yea Dana's tourney has been good this year.

remaining tourneys:

Aug 5th Lake Logan - 7pm-3am Main Ramp.
Aug 13th Buckeye - 7pm-7am Fairfield launch
Aug 19th Buckeye - 7pm-3am Fairfield launch
Sept 2nd Buckeye - 7pm-3am Fairfield launch

Championship Sept 10th Lake Logan 7pm-7am Main Ramp.

Payout 1st 2nd and 3rd
Big and 2nd big fish
50/50

boats only
2 people to boats (can go solo)
$15 dollar fridays
$20 dollar saturdays
10 fish limit
Place 1,2,3, or 4 to make championship.

Dana's number is 740-475-9305 Q&A.

·
Bag'em and Tag'em
939 Posts
The problem with danas is he has TOOOOOO many fish. Its pretty hard to keep 10 fish alive in the dead of the summer in the bath tub that is Buckeye Lake

·
Registered
75 Posts
Last week at buckeye was the first time in the two seasons i fished his tourneys that anyone lost fish as far as i know. Three were dead upon weigh in and neither had sufficient livewells. Ten cats on one stringer doesnt fair to well. Out of approximately 100 fish and only three dead, thats pretty darn good in my opinion.

·
BASS prodigy
1,188 Posts
That's better thanthe crappie tournies we fish in and all of us have GOOD livewells.
Kyle
HPT
CP

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts