close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

buckeye lake tips

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by squeek, May 12, 2008.

1. gonna be headed to buckeye lake the middle of next week, its been a while since i fished there (15 years) , just wondering what the saugeye and are biting on and where abouts are better than others. What else might i try to go after and what type of bait?

2. There is really no part of the lake that is better than others.. I can say get some minnows and try fishing for crappie around structure and lilly's. Saugeye are in about 4-6 feet of water.. Try a shyster(rooster tail) they will hit on bass minnows as well.

3. Just fished the Buckeye Crappie Challenge caught 3 walleye/sauger one was 7 lbs! Try flukes plastics on a jig head (imitation minnows) Gulp, etc. slammin it. Good luck hope that helps some.

4. saugeyes have been hanging out around fairfield beach area, look for sand/gravel bottom, thats where ive had luck

5. Just got in from Buckeye,kept 2 eyes of 19 inches and 5 10+ inch crappie.Caught a bunch of small eyes.They were hitting the ole faithful white roadrunner tipped with a minnow.The eyes are very active right now,get em while ya can.