buckeye lake tips

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by squeek, May 12, 2008.

1. gonna be headed to buckeye lake the middle of next week, its been a while since i fished there (15 years) , just wondering what the saugeye and are biting on and where abouts are better than others. What else might i try to go after and what type of bait?

2. There is really no part of the lake that is better than others.. I can say get some minnows and try fishing for crappie around structure and lilly's. Saugeye are in about 4-6 feet of water.. Try a shyster(rooster tail) they will hit on bass minnows as well.

3. Just fished the Buckeye Crappie Challenge caught 3 walleye/sauger one was 7 lbs! Try flukes plastics on a jig head (imitation minnows) Gulp, etc. slammin it. Good luck hope that helps some.

4. saugeyes have been hanging out around fairfield beach area, look for sand/gravel bottom, thats where ive had luck

5. Just got in from Buckeye,kept 2 eyes of 19 inches and 5 10+ inch crappie.Caught a bunch of small eyes.They were hitting the ole faithful white roadrunner tipped with a minnow.The eyes are very active right now,get em while ya can.