Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to go fishing today.... Which place would i have better luck for saugeyes throwing husky jerks & swim baits ??? someone please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
507 Posts
I would shoot for alum , blanked out as buckeye last night from boat threw the whole tackle box at em three bites whole night

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
i wouldn't hit the alum creek spillway there is practically no water coming out of the lake right now. If you go to alum try from shore.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Thanks ! where would u suggest saugeye fishing today? if anywhere ?
south pool at alum should have some decent clarity. not sure if indian has been good from shore at all. I don't really venture out that way. Mainly stick to alum and hoover. I have been avoiding eye fishing though and hitting smallmouth instead. I prefer creeks and river over reservoirs.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Fished Alum yesterday, onthefly is right, water is barely coming out of the spillway. I fished the lake from south bank, no luck. A couple boats were close to me and didn't see them pull anything.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Fished Alum yesterday, onthefly is right, water is barely coming out of the spillway. I fished the lake from south bank, no luck. A couple boats were close to me and didn't see them pull anything.
The last 2-3 weeks at Alum have been really slow for me. Not seeing anyone catching much lately, either.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I caught two in alum spillway two nights ago, they're in there.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Can I ask what you're fishing with? And what your set up is? I'm new to Muskie fishing and haven't had any luck so far this year. Any advice would be great!
Saugeye baits. haha. Swimbaits and jerk baits.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts