close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Buckeye Lake Ice

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by DaleM, Jan 16, 2009.

1. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Talked to my brother and the ice is ready guys. I'll be out there Saturday about 9:00 or so. Look for my Black Frabill and my brothers gray sharpell.
    I know there will be several guys going so look us up. Should be a great day.

There was 4-6 inches off Fairfield beach. I'll bet we'll have well over that tomorrow.
    Be safe and see you on the ice.

2. Perchy101

Perchy101 Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

sitting on 3.5 right now.. some water is coming up into the shanty..

1 bite no fish and itd friggin cold

3. Hey Dale I maybe heading your way tommorrow.My buddy is supoose to get ahold of me tonite to let me know if we'r fishn Buckeye or Indian.`

4. Gettin stuff packed and ready...hope to be out tomorrow P.M.

5. Perchy101

I just got home and holy shiznit is it colder then a... well you get the point... The said it was -3 when we left.

1 bite on a jig and minnow and nothing else the rest of the night. Didn't even see anything come across the flasher. Was sitting in 4.5 ft of water - that could of been the problem. But then again I was so worn out from dragging the shanty I didn't care at that point.

Ice was a good 3.5" with probably about 10 people on the ice. Talked to a couple guys in the parking lot and they didn't get anything either.

Probably going to head and poke around Alum tomorrow and probably head to Buckeye on Sunday. (Dads choice, I picked today)

See you on the ice!

Here is the sunset from tonight.

[​IMG]

6. Perchy101

Oh - Any to anyone who takes a shanty out onto the lake...

I started a path out toward the main park of the lake. I'd suggest using that if your shanty is like a plow... The 1st walk out was horrible and walk in was better... If we get a path going out that might make the walk out a little better.

7. sady dog

sady dog sady dog

hey perchy talked with you earlier. i am headed out to alumn tomm. might try the middle of africa rd? /? by the shallow rock formations, in the back in the bay.. got a ton of crappie, and at dusk hit three 2lb eyes....

8. fished buckeye yesterday with shageyes. 3" of ice caught 2 16" saugeyes. snow is deep pack as light as possible. ice would crack if you stood to close. snow is insulating not ready for quads

9. DaleM

We caught 2 small eyes and had a few decent hits. About 5:00 or so the guy fishing next to my brother caught 2 nice eyes. one was 16" the second was a little bigger. There were several guys going out as we were coming in. Maybe the night bite will be better.
    I should have a report tomorrow as well as Monday. I'll keep you updated when I find anything out.

10. Perchy101

How much further were out past my shanty tracks dale?

11. DaleM

We were about in the middle of the lake. Closer to the Island side.
    There were guys from the point clear to the Marsh. Not to many fish caught but it was great to be out again.

12. Perchy101

We went and drove around Alum and couldn't believe how down it was and then went to delaware lake to a friggin wind storm...

How was the Wind at Buckeye?

13. DaleM

Wind??:eek: It was tough to say the least. It got worse as the day went on.

Lets hope the next time the conditions are better.
    I may head to Presque around Feb. 1st. if the ice there is good. But I will be back to buckeye soon. We've done to good at times to assume the fish aren't there. Once we get the bite it will be a ton of fun.

14. sady dog

sady dog sady dog

alumn is way down went out and hit humps north of cheshire...nothing
    i think the beach are in front of dam would be good. ice is only 3"