close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Buckeye lake ice conditions ?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by lv2fish, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Looking for some reports on what the lake looks like and if conditions are favorable for the weekend. Anyone ?:)

2. I was out to North shore boat ramp today at lunchtime and saw three people over towards fairfield beach area (no shanty, BRRRRRRRRR!)) that's all I saw.
    Thinkin maybe tomorrow after work might be worth a shot.

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Fish- missed you out there last weekend. My brother said there is 5+" of ice and after this cold it should be 6"+ by the weekend. He's going to check it and let me know Friday. If it's still good I'll be there all day Saturday and maybe Sunday as well. I'm planning on taking the quad this time. Makes it so much easier to get out that far. Watch the site and I'll post the conditions Friday for sure. He siad there were afew out this morning when he left. About 6:30 - 7:30

4. Hey guys be careful out there. Strong winds have weakened ice as well as got rid of alot. Alum this evening main lake was all open water again with bays buckled up on east shore. New ice will form fast but will not be thick and might be decieving to ones. Stay safe!!:)

5. Hey guys i think we got player!!:confused:

6. Player as in new member!!!:) Welcome aboard!!

7. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

And here I sit in Chicago wishn I was fishn, think it's cold there you ought to check out the Windy City when it's 30 mph and 12 degrees. I'll take Buckeye ice fishn on a bucket any day over this. At least the pizza and beer is good!!

8. Dale - Appreciate the Friday update, I will check it. If all is good, I will be over around Noon and settle in for the afternoon/evening bite. Bring your radio, I will be on Channel 7. Let's see if we can load the bucket !

9. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

So far so good it appears. My brother said it looks great. I'll have upto the minute posted tomorrow by early afternoon.
    I have my new ice hut to try out so I'm looking forward to getting out. I may take the quad also if the ice is really good. Getting to old to walk half way across the lake:D Besides I can take more "Stuff" out to make the trip more relaxing. I'll have the radio on channel 7 too.

10. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

I was out there this afternoon for a couple hours, I did not dress accordingly and froze my arse off! The ice was fine 4-5 inches of good ice. There were quads and snowmobiles out there, I wouldn't take a quad out there but that's just me. I would be the 1 guy that went through!! No fish for me although I had something messing with my minnows and something grabbed a minnow off of my buckshot spoon but he didn't get the hooks. It looked like a minefield with all the tipups out there. When I left at 4:30 PM 3 saugeyes had been caught by about 3 different groups. The ice got a good coating of snow while I was there so walking back in wasn't quite as slippery as the way out. I was glad I had my ice cleats, saw a guy walk out without them and it was kinda funny watching him dance. That's all I have for now, Good Luck!!