Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
North Shore (Crane Island area) is a good starting point. On Monday, I hit up that spot and got many Shad :mad: (these were ~12 inch shads and caught 11 of them) during the rain and small Saugeyes (~14 inch). Lost a Striper too, it was a great fight as it unspooled half my reel with beautiful drag sounds...love it. After 15 minutes it got unhooked. Everything hit up pink Twister Tails and pink antifreeze 2.75 Joshy's. Tuesday it was crowded (during the rain on Monday only 3 people total) but there were plenty spots open in various areas; I ended up losing a couple on Pink swims. I agree on not wading those waters, it can drop to a quick hole without any notice.
Note: Seen a mixed bag of fish caught on minnows Tuesday; I would assume a well balanced idle stick lure under 2FOW should be good too (I am still learning that part ;) ). Goodluck.

·
Game Fisherman
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
North Shore (Crane Island area) is a good starting point. On Monday, I hit up that spot and got many Shad :mad: (these were ~12 inch shads and caught 11 of them) during the rain and small Saugeyes (~14 inch). Lost a Striper too, it was a great fight as it unspooled half my reel with beautiful drag sounds...love it. After 15 minutes it got unhooked. Everything hit up pink Twister Tails and pink antifreeze 2.75 Joshy's. Tuesday it was crowded (during the rain on Monday only 3 people total) but there were plenty spots open in various areas; I ended up losing a couple on Pink swims. I agree on not wading those waters, it can drop to a quick hole without any notice.
Note: Seen a mixed bag of fish caught on minnows Tuesday; I would assume a well balanced idle stick lure under 2FOW should be good too (I am still learning that part ;) ). Goodluck.
Thaknks for the update

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.