Buckeye Lake Conditions?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by scott17b, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Wanted to know if anyone has been on Buckeye lake over the weekend and how the water is? Temperature, clarity, etc. Any information would be appreciated! catchn any nice crappie?
    Thanks

2. fishnfool

fishnfool out4dabig1

I fished there yesterday,didn't try for crappie,saw alot of people fishing for them. The water temp was 68-70 degrees, water clarity was crystal clear, see bottom in 6' of water. I fished in front of the mars for about an hour and caught 2 wipers then tried the towpath and caught 1 more wiper and 2 cats using minnows and nightcrawlers. the word is that the crappies have been biting well aroung the marsh and toward thornport in the lillies.

3. Went out Friday night until 1:00AM. Lots of hits, lots of bites, only a few cats. Decent ones though. 1 gill at night off the bottom. Weird.
    The water is crystal clear and a decently warm temperature. Friday night a nice breeze kept it cool, but not cold. Skeeters are out already. Nasty things. I didn't see anyone get anything but cats. We were out at Mud Island.