close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Buckeye Lake Cats and Carp :)

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Bubba bass bigfoot, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

Hows the lake been do'n. also are the cats or carp on their spawn and is it worth fishing for them then.last year i saw some cats swim'n up against each other and could not get them to bite the would just push my bait out of the way. I want to hit the lake up tomarrow night, nothing better than cat'n with my dad and micro lol. laid back fishing not as much competitive attitudes as when we bass fish. any help with conditions or spawn and stuff would be nice.

Thanks.

2. Bubba bass bigfoot

Forgot to ask, what if we get all this rain friday, how will it effect the cats and carp. and it we will go Saturday night not Friday sorry.

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Jacob:
    My brother lives out there and they have been getting several nice cats, on cut bait. (Shad are best) but blue gill work also. He did good on shrimp last week he said. He's at Fairfield beach so you may want to try in that area. Good luck and let us know how you did.
    Buy the way, the rain shouldn't hurt fishing unless we get a lot of flooding rains.

4. ive been doing pretty good at the swim area on the east end of the lake, and by fairfield beach, the cat have been hitting on pretty much anything ive tossed in.

5. Bubba bass bigfoot

ok thanks. are they pre spawn or something. and do they spwan like bass? and is it good to fish the spawn?

thanks for the help. hope to be out tonight now lol.

6. Steelwolve

Steelwolve COCC- Director

I was out around Cranberry Marsh fished around the whole thing all night from 5:30 pm till 2 am, used shad, liver , and crawlers. The bite was very slow only landed 6 cats all night. Conditions seemed perfect and we usually had 2 lines near the shore of the marsh and 2 lines out in the deeper water. All fish were under 3 lbs. and majority came on liver, But while fishing by a downed tree my buddy's pole just about got pulled out of the boat by a monster, he had on half of a 8" shad, it hit and pulled his pole over with the quickness he got lucky and got a hand on the pole only to feel the line go limp. Hate when that happens.... It was a beutiful night out there but I would try somewhere else than the Marsh.

7. usually the bite will slow down when the carp are on spawn, it seems to slow down catfish too. when im fishing the marsh, i like to fish the northwest end of the marsh, in the canal heading east into the canal, there is a small cove between the dock and the end of the marsh youll need to cast close to the bank in that spot.

8. Bubba bass bigfoot

we will be on the bank probley. we still need to get the boat set uo for night fishing. we will be out tonight. thanks for the help guys. i read up on spawn and stuff. thanks again.