close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Buckeye Lake 5/1

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by cwcarper, May 2, 2004.

1. Had a couple of free hours before the rain and cold weather moved in on Saturday, so my fiancee Gill Girl and I decided to try for carp at the North Shore area on Buckeye Lake. We landed four fish between us in about two hours, with three fish coming on flavored sweetcorn and one on pineapple banana boilies. It was a great day to get out and the carp were moving everywhere...could have caught a lot more if we had the time.

Here's a pic of the first fish of the day, a scrappy 6 lb fish, and my fishing buddy Isiah who helped me bring it in...

Attached Files:

2. Here's a 9 lb carp caught on tutti fruitti sweet corn fished with my special blend in a pva bag...

Attached Files:

3. Here's Gill Girl with her biggest of the day, an 8 lb fish caught on Scopex Pescaviva fished with a method feeder. She's only been fishing for carp for a couple weeks now...at this rate she'll be outfishing me :eek: .

Attached Files:

4. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Way to go CW glad to see she's out there with you. But the way you are about carp fishing, she really doesn't have much of a choice :D

5. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

awesome fish guys!!!..

6. catking

catking Banned

DA KING !!! just returned from visiting cwcarper and GILL GIRL in Columbus. Great food cw and GILL ;) Nice carping also. I caught my only carp of the East Harbor outing on Gill Girls "secret" pac bait, and cwcarper got one also,I used her pac bait with my imfamous "Pineapple Banana" chick peas :D THE CATKING !!!

7. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Nice fish CW!!!!! Is your old man gonna bring you down to fish with me this year...Almost Flathead time!

8. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Flat:
    Just invite CW, forget Catking- if he come along you guys will never catch a thing! :D Couldn't resist, way to inviting.

9. Buckeye Bob

Buckeye Bob rrbski, The Happy Carper

Good show CW and Gill Girl....great to see the carpers in the family catching fish ;) :)

10. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Awesome fish Gill! :) CW....you and I need to come up with some sort of plan. I'm NOT getting outfished this season ;) :(

BTW....the chick informed me she is fishing the Chicago Classic this year as a participant. I guess the pressure is on now.

11. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Those are some really nice looking fish, never seen them with that orange of a tail before. I think I'll head up there this Wensday, probably in the Brooks part vicinity.