Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Misfit and I ventured out early(5:30 AM) today on Buckeye trying the summer pattern for the eyes.Trolling with worm harnesses.We managed about 7 or 8 dinks and a few channels cats, misfits usual monster perch(4 inches) and a bluegill. We switched back over to shadraps and managed a few more cats and dinks but my ole partner ,being rusty with his angling skills,managed to lose the biggest eye of the season for us(estimated at least 5lbs)just beyond the boat and out of reach.He just wasn't the same after that and we soon called it a morning as the heat & humidty was cranking up bigtime.11:30 Am.All in all we were handed a good case of humility & humbleness by the saugeye Gods.We manage to see two others catching at least a couple of keepers 15-20 inchers trolling shadraps at 3mph or so.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for the report. I might hit Buckeye next week, last time I went there like few weeks ago. Since then, I've been going to Alum and Hoover for saugeyes. It will be nice to pull some keeper eyes from Buckeye again soon.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I went last night after work got there about 4:30 Trolled a shadrap and a
smithwick the hole time caught 3 dinks, 1 cat, and one of my personal best
a strong 24 in eye not sure on the weight becuse of not haveing a scale.
Have a picture but cant get it to upload on this site. Ive been trying all
spring to get some pictures on here.

·
Eye for 'eyes
175 Posts
headed out into the heat today to target some confused saugeyes. brother probably won't last until the eve for them to turn on. shad raps seeking new personal best saugeye, should be an interesting one! will return to post of the adventure...:T

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I managed 2, 17 ich eyes and a fat perch this eve and one tail hooked carp that went somewhere between 25 and 30 pounds what a fight lol. I see where fishslim nailed a nice one on a vibee, i wonder how many vibees i will have to lose before i catch a fish on one. Oh well the man knows his stuff so I may have to switch over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts