Buckeye ice

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Shaggeyes, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Shaggeyes

Shaggeyes Saugeye Slayer

Still a little soft in areas. Hopefully tonite will lock it down

2. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

keep us up to date if you can. Hopefully we can get some fishable ice again

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

I'll have my report by Friday. Here's hoping we can get out one more time. looks like 40 to 50 by Monday though:(

4. Shaggeyes

Shaggeyes Saugeye Slayer

I spudded out 30ft. or so felt like it got better as you got out farther.Had a buddy last sunday fish 35ft. of water at ceasers creek on 2 inches.I'll take a sheet of 3/4 plywood and 10 inch holes already in it That should spread my weight out I will fish this weekend

5. Shaggeyes

Shaggeyes Saugeye Slayer

boat time next weekend

6. DaleM

That will be here sooner than we know. But-- I'll be glad to get the boat out again.:p :T

7. Shaggeyes

Shaggeyes Saugeye Slayer

think we will get to the marsh dale

8. DaleM

Never know. If the ice get safe I'll be out there trying anyway. I know a few others on here that will join us if the report is good.

9. you are dreaming shag WAKE UP

10. A sheet of .75" ply isnt goin to do you any good unless you get to lay it down till then it just adds weight. Please be careful.

11. What's the word ??? Can we get out on here tomorrow?

12. Shaggeyes

Shaggeyes Saugeye Slayer

plenty of ice but have to see if this water hurts it we need it to get cold quick. Every where i drill i had at least 4 inches

13. DaleM

Right now there is about 1/2" of water on the ice from the melting snow. Still about 4" of ice. I'll call tomorrow about 7-7:30 and have a report. If it get cold tonight we should be fine for tomorrow. They are calling for 25 degrees tonight and only 35-37 tomorrow. I'm planning on being there about 9:00 or a little earlier. Check here about 7:30 or so and I'll post what my on the ice reporter has to say.