Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to head to Buckeye tonight but not having a boat I will be fishing from shore. Last I was there it looked to me like shoreline is hard to come by unless you know somebody who lives there. So I am asking my fellow OGFers for some advise on where to go. Not asking for anybody's honey hole just a place to wet a line and maybe tie into some fish...if you don't want to tell the world,PM me...thanks

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Brooks park on the south side of the lake by millersport is a nice area and lots of room to fish. You can catch catfish,carp, and wipers on livers. Easy walking and nice area.

·
Just practicing my cast
5,406 Posts
and then there is north shore

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got to sneek out for fellow OGFers Bonez birthday and head to Buckeye Lake for a bit. First we had to wait the storm out and it really came down for a while. And thanks to killingtime for pointing me to Brooke park. We sat up on the south bank across from the docks and the bite was on. Bad news is we missed all but the one 2# channel I landed. They were hitting good on raw shrimp sprinkled with a bit of garlic powder. We will try the island next time. Bonez has the pic of the one channel that was brought in if he chimes in and post it...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Almost forgot to mention Bonez brother. He went out this past weekend and dropped big money on all new gear,new yak, the whole deal. So his cat pole is rigged up with a light up slip bobber and stock line I don't know the test but after a few cast I see a red light fly out in the water followed by some choice words lol...The line snapped and the bobber goes flying out there...we continue to fish and watch the bobber come in closer to the bank the whole time telling him to swim out and get it (he's a scuba instructor). The bobber ends up way out in the lake west of the point and he swims out to get it. Man-1 Bobber-0 ......Bonez also has the pic of his bro and the bobber that did not get away.

·
Just practicing my cast
5,406 Posts
Did you have your shrimp with the shell on or off?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Almost forgot to mention Bonez brother. He went out this past weekend and dropped big money on all new gear,new yak, the whole deal. So his cat pole is rigged up with a light up slip bobber and stock line I don't know the test but after a few cast I see a red light fly out in the water followed by some choice words lol...The line snapped and the bobber goes flying out there...we continue to fish and watch the bobber come in closer to the bank the whole time telling him to swim out and get it (he's a scuba instructor). The bobber ends up way out in the lake west of the point and he swims out to get it. Man-1 Bobber-0 ......Bonez also has the pic of his bro and the bobber that did not get away.

I was not letting that bobber get away!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I use raw shrimp then add garlic powder to the bag,before I bait my hook take the shell and tail off...works great....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts