close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

buckeye carpin' 5/23

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by misfit, May 23, 2004.

1. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

since lake erie walleyes were out,and it was too muddy/windy for hoover today,toad and i decided we still needed to get out and fish this afternoon.after discussing our options,we decided a little relaxation in the easy chair was in order,and carpin' seemed to fit the bill.
    so we parked our fat butts along fairfield beach,and proceeded to do what we do best(besides bs) ;) ...........catch fish :)
    it wasn't real hot action,but we managed to put 9 smaller carp on the bank,with one missed.digital scales proved them to be from 5 to just shy of 7 pounds,with the biggest(caught by toad) measuring 27 inches.3 small cats also fell for the corn.it was a nice change of pace from our usual eye and crappie fishing from the boats.
    here's toad with the first fish of the day.
    [​IMG]

2. Can't tell which one is better looking. :p ;) :D :D

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

the guy behind the camera,of course :D ;)

4. Rick, your entitled to your own opinion :D But I'll vote for the carp :p

5. toad

toad geriatrics supporter

Ray, ol' misfit even did a little "eye" fishing and caught himself an offical "dish rag" . I noticed Rick didn't say anything about it in his report.

Has to be the one in the Hawaiian carpin shirt. ;)

Had a great time as always solveing the world problems with Rick. Next weekend we're back after "eyes" :) :D

Just a note for the carpin guys, I missed the first couple fish then I changed to a circle hook and never missed another one all day.

6. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i forgot about the dishrag :rolleyes:
    i thought i had a nice fish till i saw the rag wrapped in the line above him.
    good thing you switched to circles.you probably would have gone fishless.they do work great for carp,but i don't miss,and have no problem hookin' up without them :D
    besides,i think if you'd stayed awake,you wouldn't have missed anyway :rolleyes: :D

ps.......in case you haven't checked your email,i sent the pics.

7. dfoxfish

dfoxfish chairbustintruckdrowner

thought i'd throw my 2 cents worth in on the hook thing... i use a 2/0 tru-turn bait hook. i catch anything from 4" crappie to monster cats. it's an awesome hook. i miss very few fish. it's the only hook i use. period! :D ricks probably using a net. lol :rolleyes:

8. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i use whatever hooks i can find in my mess that i call a tacklebox.if i can't find any,then i will use a net :p :D
    one way or another,i'm catchin' fish :D ;)

9. toad

toad geriatrics supporter

I also perfer tru-turn hooks for crappie fishing. I like Gamakatsu for eye fishing.
    Misfit is right (for once)
    Yep it sometime helps to watch the pole instead having your head turned running ones mouth. :eek: :)

10. Anyone know any good streams, rivers or creeks in Licking County? :confused:
    I hate to say that Buckeye Lake and the canals around here aren't cutting it for me. I can't seem to catch anything worth catching out of either place anymore. If you know anywhere it would help. If not... It is just as I suspected... Licking has no hope for me.