Buckeye Bassin' Open Tournament @ Alum

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussion' started by OSU_Fisherman, Oct 18, 2008.

1. OSU_Fisherman

OSU_Fisherman Bassin' Buckeye

The Ohio BASS Federation Nation is hosting a tournament for the benefit of the Bass Fishing Club of Ohio State University next Saturday at Alum Creek Reservoir. There will be a weigh-in trailer complete with stage on-site. Full tournament info can be found on the Tournaments Page on our website.

Buckeye Bassin' Classic Open Tournament
    Saturday October 25th, 2008 - 7:30am to 3:30pm
    Registration starts at 5:30am
    New Galena Ramp
    $80 per boat (Big Bass included)

I doubt I need to tell you guys that the date of this tournament should be prime-time for some smallmouth action.

Hope to see you all out at the event to support collegiate bass fishing and the Bass Fishing Club of OSU at our only fund-raising event of the year.

Thanks,
    Jason
    President
    Bass Fishing Club of OSU

2. This is going to be a very fun tournament. I will be there trying to cash in on some of the fall Alum Creek action.

If anyone has this saturday off there couldn't be a better way to spend it than fishing this tournament and help supporting us...the OSU bass fishing team.

See you all there, please spread the word!

3. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

Yes, please show up and help support the bass fishing club.

I just got a new boat and can't wait for this tournament. It should be alot of fun!

4. OhioHuntr02

OhioHuntr02 OSU Fisherman

I am also a member of the club and will be fishing with Bassnpro1. I know a lot of you out there tournament fish Alum Creek so please come support us. Thanks a lot.

5. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

I'll be there boys! Shooting the tubes (if possible)

6. count me in..I am plannig to go regardless the weather!!!!

7. Bassnpro1

I'm sure Matt has the same idea;) I'm not going to fit through those and I'm kinda hoping that you guys can't either! Good luck

8. Thanks for coming out Mike!

Kevin, can't wait to see the new boat!

9. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

I'm pretty sure my buddy and I will be there!

10. OSU_Fisherman

The Registration Form is up on our website now along with the tournament information. It will speed things up in the morning if you print off the Registration form and have it filled out when you arrive at the ramp. However, copies will be available at the ramp if needed.

11. Thick Rick

Thick Rick Dragon Bronzeback Slayer

Count me in for sure. I am sure we can give it some mentions on the air, too.

12. Wish I could be there for this one:( Are there any plans to hold this again next year??? I have to work Saturdays unless I schedule time off way in advance. Looking forward to seeing the results and some pics if possible, the smallies should be about ready come this weekend! Good luck to all.:B

13. Thanks Thick Rick, that would be highly appreciated!

See you there!

14. Clayton

Clayton Fly guy

I should be around, potentially, if I don't get out friday night. I dunno how to get into the bass on alum... I've tried it so many times and only failed lol. I'm better at fishing for a grab-bag.

Plus, no livewell on my boat :(

15. OSU_Fisherman

Weather Update:
    I have been monitoring just about every weather website I can find and things are looking up. Two days ago they were calling for 70% rain but that chance is steadily dropping and I'm finding numbers between 30-50%. Temperatures should be just about perfect for some bass fishing, so this Saturday should be a great day of fishing.

16. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Dude, you want rain and overcast.

17. Bassnpro1

I'm with ya, I'd rather have the fish bite than nice weather.

18. OSU_Fisherman

I'm definitely hoping that its at least overcast and rain doesn't bother me a bit. I was just hoping for manageable winds and nice enough weather to convince a few extra participants to roll out of bed nice and early haha.

19. Clayton

Clayton Fly guy

With the changing forecast, it looks like I'm gonna be on the water on saturday morning, or night. I'm thinking morning, just so I can see you guys do your thing :)

Maybe I'll get in on a tourney someday, but not yet... I'm not good enough at it lol.

20. Bassnpro1

The bass were biting this morning at Alum. I had 3 fish that would have pushed 10 lbs, including a 21 3/4 inch smallie. We did not weigh it because we wanted to get her back to the water quickly, but she was 5+. We had another LM that was around 3 lbs. Also another member was out and caught a 4lber as well. Hopefully the fish are still biting tomorrow.