close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Buckeye and Indian lakes - bassin'

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by sflippin284, Mar 28, 2005.

1. I am new to central ohio and have never been to Buckeye or Indian Lake. I hear that they will warm up the quickest. Can anyone offer any assitance or suggestions to bass fishing these lakes. I am on vacation this week and would love to get out.

2. There was a bass tournment last fri. and sat. at Indian lake and there were some bass caught. Water temp was 40 to 43 deg. Jigs were the main bait I saw tied on. Talked to one boat at 10:00 AM on sat. he said they had 2 fish about 3lbs. Not to bad for as long as this winter has been. I don't bass fish much but will be chasing the saugeyes this week.

3. JBJ

JBJ

Nothing good heard about Buckeye from last w-end. The weather this week might have them turning on though.

4. Nickadams

Nickadams goenfurshen

I have been out to Buckeye 3 times now with no luck on the bass :( I did catch crappies and catfish though. On Saturday the water temp was in 45-48 degrees, and there was a bunch of carp rolling that weren't there the week before. I would imagine by this weekend it should be in the mid 50's. I am fishing a tournament there on Saturday, and at this point I think I will be lucky to manage a fish or two. But as far as I know it is probably the warmest lake in central Ohio. Good luck.

5. Buzzman and I hut Buckeye this past Sat. with zero luck. Well, a foul-hooked carp doesn't count. But to me Buckeye is a difficult lake to fish for bass in. Very shallow, dirty, and just a tough read. I have had no luck there in two years. Indian to me sets up nicely. It seems to have a little of everything. Now that I have the boat up and ready to go, I need to hit both regularly for my club tourneys in the next month or so.

Eric

6. I counted the Carp!

:) :) :)

7. I fished Indian for the very first time today. It was very windy and muddy. Water temp. ranged from the mid to upper 40's. Saw one buck (12") near some riprap... but other than that nothing. I wanted to see as much as I could as I have a club tourney there in a couple weeks. Any input to what to focus on would be appreciated!!!