close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Buck down

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by chris1162, Nov 9, 2017.

1. chris1162

chris1162 team flatty

I have chatted and meet with quite a few people from ogf thru the years. Matt (ml1187) would be one of those fine gentlemen. We have become great friends and shared some memorable hunting and fishing moments together already. Yesterday morning was another great day with a good friend.

Matt has some beautiful hunting properties around greene county that he is nice enough to take me out too. I have seen some giants in person and on camera here so i know what could come around. This morning was pretty exciting from the get go. I had deer moving pretty quickly once in the stand and still dark. Slightly after the sun has risen i started to finally see some of the deer making all the noise. There was a doe on a fenceline about 70 yards away just staring into a field. I am also watching this field when a big bodied deer startins running across. I then catch a glimpse of the doe he is chasing and see she is going the wrong way. As soon as i notice that she makes a 90 degree turn and starts heading towards me with her lover following right behind grunting the whole way. They start to get closer and closer and i get shakier and shakier. She goes by at 35 Yards and he hits a clearing aswell. I grunt and he freezes so i shoot. The arrow hit higher than i liked so i was extremely nervous as i kept an eye on the giant sprinting towards the field. He jumps the fence and starts to wobble and fall. Once he is down and motionless i started shaking and the excitement set in. I send a text to matt to let him know what happened.[​IMG]

Once i collected myself and stopped shaking i was able to get down and go see the deer. Matt headed over and we celebrated and began taking some amazing photos. Matt is a talented photography protege of smbhooker and captured this incredible moment quite well. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I cant express how thankful I am to have experienced such a exciting moment in the woods with a great friend from ogf. Thanks matt

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  2. ML1187

ML1187 Bucks, Smallies, Flatties & Kayaks

I've never seen you smile so much in my life !!! Congratulations my friend. That was a tough shot you made- and a quick and ethical harvest is what ultimately matters !
    You helped hang this stand so it's fitting you killed your buck from it. And consider it payback for helping me catch my PB Flatty ! Can't wait for some of those steaks

I love the big cedar rub in the background of the pics too. Truly memorable morning !
    ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1510256539.369999.jpg

3. Congrats. I seen this on Ohio sportsman. Sounds like you had a great time that will never be forgotten.

chris1162 and RMK like this.
  4. This is everything. Way to go guys. Nice buck!

chris1162 likes this.
  5. ML1187

Hahha yep I frequent both sites ... mostly post fishing over here. Smallmouth are just as important as Bucks... equal opportunities

chris1162, RMK and ya13ya03 like this.
  6. I do as well but its walleye and steelhead for my fish of choice.

chris1162, RMK and ML1187 like this.
  7. A wall hanger for sure.
    Congrats on an excellent buck, a special hunt and memories that will last a lifetime.

chris1162 and sherman51 like this.
  8. Flannel_Carp

Flannel_Carp The Flan With A Plan

Congrats again on an absolutely beautiful buck man!

chris1162 likes this.
  9. bobk

bobk

That's it! That's what hunting is all about. Congratulations on a nice buck.

chris1162 likes this.
  10. snag

snag

Really nice congrats- I like the dark colored forehead..

chris1162 likes this.
  11. skiff

skiff

Congrats, super nice buck for sure!

chris1162 likes this.
  12. 9Left

9Left

nuce buck chris! great job to both of you!

chris1162 likes this.
  13. Well done Chris... this was a well deserved deer. I have never witnessed someone so accomplished in the woods then when we've hung stands and cleared paths - the man was made from a John Deere mold - muscle up 20 foot stands and clearing woods & brush like butter with his machete.

Made a good shot on a true brute Ohio trophy buck....happy for ya man.

.....those photos tho!

chris1162 likes this.
  14. buckeyebowman

buckeyebowman On the back 9 and loving it!

Great buck, great story! What I like even better is how you posed that buck! No tongue hanging out, bloody mess in the bed of the pickup shots!

You showed that buck off looking as good as he could.

ML1187 and chris1162 like this.
  15. have to agree with the others. that's a stud of a buck. congrats!!!
    sherman

chris1162 likes this.
  16. chris1162

chris1162 team flatty

Thanks for all the kind word everyone!

9Left likes this.
  17. ML1187

We really worked hard on those pics ! Even brought clorex wipes to clean our hands and the deer from any visible blood ... I think they turned out awesome. Only fair to do justice to such a beautiful animal.

fastwater, 9Left, bobk and 1 other person like this.
  18. Too cool guys. That's what the outdoors is all about. Thanks for the awesome story!

19. Very nice! Right across the road from my old grounds. I don't know how many nice bucks I have seen in that little wood lot over the years! Dynamite little spot - way to get it done!

ML1187 likes this.
  20. ML1187

Now the cows are gone it's thick as snot