close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Buck Creek Smallie Action!

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fish-N-Fool, Jul 23, 2004.

1. I broke out the ultralight this week and made my way to a nice stretch of Buck Creek. I caught over 30 smallies in 3 trips (1 short trip in there due to weather) all in 1 small 200 yard area. :eek: I have never seen anybody fish this particular area of the creek. Just downstream it gets hammered with fishermen. Most were in the 7-12'' range, but on Wednesday evening I caught a 16'' football & saw another that APPEARED larger in the water. I fished this area of the creek years ago with my uncle, but I had no idea it was loaded with smallies.

I'll be hitting this spot over the coming weeks so If anybody around Springfield wants to meet up - shoot me a pm & we'll work something out.

2. fshman_165

fshman_165 CJ Eye Hunter

Cats outta the bag! ALL of buck creek is awesome but the run from where CJ's spillway runs right into it all the way down to where the old IH plant used to be is :D :D SWEET :D :D The lowhead behind municipal stadium has some monsters. Just follow the bike path and you can't go wrong. The big wary ones will fall for a drifting leech on a lite wire hook with a couple bb shot. Man it doesn't get any better than that! Way to go FNF!