close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

brushes with greatness

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by catlover, Feb 23, 2005.

1. catlover

catlover Banned

Met anyone famous?(DAKING dont count here).

2. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

Huey Lewis , Kim Stricker, Dion Hibdon, Peter T. and
    God but just once. :D
    died when i was 4 or a few minutes and that memory never
    leaves me.

3. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

MIKE ICONELLI!!! (hes close to god :D) Jerome Bettis, Antwan Randel EL and Heinz Ward

4. catlover

catlover Banned

Thats cheating...Very few have been that close. 7 times brought back, thats almost as lucky as saying you know whats his name.
    I was a chef in the theater district in Denver. Last resturanuant job was chef at Baby Does at Mile-Hi stadium.
    I got Elway so fat he had to open up a ford dealship.

5. Had someone famous meet me once LOL
    Guess who is in this photo?

Attached Files:

6. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

When I worked at Winton Woods boathouse, jessica simpson and boyfriend/husband now nick came down and rented a paddleboat. She looks better in person than on TV, amazing

7. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I give up who is it?

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I've met & fished with (if you can call it that) w/ the famous FLATHUNTER. Personally, I think the guy is overrated, becasue I've never seen him catch a decent fish! :D

9. catlover

catlover Banned

Bryan.
    Lets go go to a paylake this morning. Im buying, i cant go to a real lake-too weak. maybe we can beat your jinx.

10. H2O Mellon

Paylaking it wont work.... trust me. I planned on taking all the Channels out of Rainbow & put in the GMR, but mmy son, my wife & I all went fishless!

We'll some of of the GME this year, I think I can find you a couple easy access spots. I have a Jeep, so we'll make non easy access spots, easy!

11. catlover

catlover Banned

Been to 2 paylakes in ohio. Still 0 and 2.
    U know any places w/easy access?

12. catking

catking Banned

DA KING , while being a young lad, met a then very high profile astronaut . John Glenn back in 1968 I do recall . I'm telling you now, back in those days somebody like that left a lasting impression with young people . Those WERE the good old days........Also met and talked with Ira Joe Fisher ( The weather man on Good Morning America) Very nice man......... THE CATKING !!! :)

13. I'd take those paylake where you want to go and PM each other to leave this thread as it was intended and on subject please...

Hey Jack that is Dick Kirby from Quaker Boy Game Calls who is now retired...

14. catking

catking Banned

My cousin is Don Zimmer ( Popeye) of the baseball fame ( Yankees ) Does that count :D ..........THE CATKING !!!

15. ..only if he admits to it bro [​IMG]

16. I have met Jaleel White (Steve Erkle), Jake the Snake Roberts, D-Lo Brown, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Fritz Von Erich, Golddust, Wayne Static, and Marty Schottenheimer.

17. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

I have met Lynn Swan, Steve Elkington, Jesse Jackson and the person who I met that thrilled me the most was

NORM!! Geroge Wendt from Cheers! :D

Also Catking I hope your cousin (Don Zimmer) got over his Hemmoriods! :eek:

18. I don't have many brushes with greatness that I can recall. The only one that comes to mind for me is Tim Belcher, the retired baseball pitcher. He grew local and lives here now as well. I have met him a few times. He is a pretty good guy and you would never guess that he was a baseball star. He is a pretty down to earth guy.

19. I've met quite a few MLB players and a few other "famous people", but I never met one that didn't put his pants on the same way we all do-one leg at a time ;-) Most of them had more money in their pockets, though! :)

Tim

20. H2O Mellon

Catlover did create the thread, so I think if he wants to post a diff question he should be able to to... Just my two cents