Browns vs. Steelers

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by hardwaterfan, Sep 7, 2007.

1. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

what a great way to start the season. A Browns victory over the Steelers.:D

GO BROWNS!!!

2. I agree! I had to live in Pittsburgh (Across from Mellon Arena) for two years, although I still dislike the Steelers I love that city! there's so much to do. the two years I lived there I wore a Browns hat EVERY day I took so much garbage from there fan's and I feel the least the browns owe me is a win vs. them!

3. At a fly fishing show in the Pittsburgh area this spring, we went to a local sports bar for lunch. On the table were small pitchers with 2 pompoms in each...1 black & 1 gold. I asked the waitress if she wanted to double her tip. When she said yes, I handed her the pompoms & asked if she could replace them with brown & orange. I guess she really DIDN'T want her tip doubled!! ;) :p
    Mike
    ps: we didn't get thrown out!

GO BROWNS!!!

4. JUSTCRAZY

JUSTCRAZY Wurlds Wurst Spellor

Even with a new coach, and coming off a terrible season last year I have predicted the Steeler to win by 21. If they are dumb enough to put in Quinn I say we win by 50 and he shi.. down his leg. I can't wait for the game.
    I just hope the game is clean, and not filled with stupid outbursts on either side. I sure did miss football this summer!

Rob

5. The last few years the Browns and steelers had some close games. Rember the kickoff return at the start of the game last year? Cleveland had the game won until the end. They had many close games the last two years. All the EXPERTS aren't giving them a chance Sunday, I think we may be surprised. I think we should be starting Quinn, Frye won't (can't) get the job done.

6. JUSTCRAZY

#1 Problem is that they have developed a tradition of loosing and too many of them expect that and just collect a check

#2 Your line is terrible(at least it has been). That line has cost the last 3 QB's there career. It is hard to pass a ball when you are preparing to be hit or already on your back. Put old Charlie behind the Colts line and I bet he would look a lot better. As for Quinn he just has not shown he can play under any pressure at all. Sure he looked ok against a 5th string defense, but so did Dorsey(and he got cut;) ) Has he won a single big game?

As for me I just hope the Steelers line learns how to improve also. Time will tell.

Rob

7. Even though you are a Steelers fan, thank you Justcrazy.:) I get sooooooo tired of hearing how the next best QB is gonna save the day in Cleveland. There is a reason why we picked Joe Thomas at 3 and picked up Quinn as a bargain later in the first round. Line comes first, then you assess the QB and RB positions. I don't care if you are Randy Couture with an arm like Randall Cunningham, one man cannot beat 3-7 bigger men who are out to kill him without some help up front.:D I am still predicting a Browns win and will be on the field before the game heckling the Steelers players just to make sure they are in the right state of mind.:)

8. JUSTCRAZY

I have a free ticket that I had to turn down becasue I have family coming to town. My buddy at work wanted to take me instead of his wife. He told me he would even bring a pillow to break my fall when I got tossed off the stadium for wearing Steeler gear. I had to smile.:D

9. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

I'd like to see the Browns win but I doubt they will. I think I'll forget the Browns and go fishing. Fishing is always a WIN !

10. shwookie

shwookie fishing from a kayak

Agreed. Next weekend I get to do both, go fishing on erie and see the browns/bengals game.

11. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

GO BROWNs. Sorry part is i will miss some of the game maybe the end. I have a baseball meeting at 3.

12. Browns - 21
    Steelers - 20

I know, I know, But I would never bet against my Browns. But finally we can honestly say this is our rebuilding year. The years of torment we have taken for being die hard fans will soon be rewarded!

13. I'm going with the Browns by 3. Game ending field goal for the win.

14. Well, I am sure the Browns are better than last year and I hope they sweep Baltimore, but... It will be the Steelers who rein out victorious..

15. Tomlin gets his first (of many) win today!

I will be watching here in Greece tonight over the internet.

Ouzo, souvlakia, and some STEELERS football!

16. davycrockett

davycrockett Fins Feathers Fur

Gonna be a great game as always. Tomlin has been pushing his Sp. Teams to step it up. They will come away with some big plays for Pitt. If Pitt's offense is clicking it could be a bloodbath for the Brownstains. Pitt 27 Cleveland 13.

17. Wel I guess this thread is now a moot point.. I will be rotin for the browns when they play baltimore!!!

18. JUSTCRAZY

Well 21 pts or 27 pts, my Steelers still didn't look nearly as good as they could have. Parker needs to hold on to the ball, and our offensive line needs to get better.
    On a side note, what is wrong with running Parker outside once in a while, specially when our line can't get it done up the middle?

Oh well, it is an ok start and a win none the less.

LET'S GO STEELERS!

Rob