Browns VS Colts

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Bubba bass bigfoot, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

What ya think. DA is terrible. Game plan not bad, but not enough big play shots early.

2. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

Ken Dorsey will turn the season around!

3. Bubba bass bigfoot

4. I just don't even know what to say here haha...if Dorsey goes down Cribbs will be the QB, wonder how that would go, anyone know how he did when he was at Kent State?

5. Bubba bass bigfoot

Cribbs played quarterback at Kent State University, where he is the all-time total offense leader with 10,839 yards. He is one of only four players in NCAA history to record both 1,000 yards passing and 1,000 yards rushing in as many as two different seasons, the others being Beau Morgan of Air Force, Vince Young of Texas, and Pat White of West Virginia. Cribbs, in fact, accomplished the feat three times. In his career, he passed for 55 touchdowns and ran for 38 more. His 38 rushing touchdowns are a Kent State record. In addition, he holds the Kent State school record for career pass completions (616), pass attempts (1,123), passing yardage (7,169), touchdowns scored (41), and points scored (246).

Cribbs is also the only player in NCAA history to lead his team in both rushing and passing in four different seasons.

6. well heck, let's get him in there!!

7. I guess you could say I wasn't too disappointed in today's outcome. I thought they played okay. The defense was hitting and if it wasn't for the fumble return for the TD, they may have won that game.

If Dorsey throws for 300 yards and 4 TD's in one game, I am going to buy one of his jerseys. He may have 4 games to do it.

8. RareVos

RareVos Lost Sailor

It was a demoralizing loss in that everything seemed to be more or less working. DA was loosing control of his pass at times, and that shows up in the total offensive production... but other than that it was going fine. Why they don't utilize Cribbs and Harrison more I'll never know. Why they didn't let (make) DA take more shots down the field I'll never know. Will they let Cribbs take the snaps now? Why the heck not!

9. PapawSmith

PapawSmith Bud n Burgers

Because Romeo is not qualified to run a football team. He seems like a great guy, the kind of guy you'd like to have live next door and have a few beers with. But all the guys that live next to me that I have beers with, although they're nice, they're football morons. Like me, and Romeo. A head coach needs to be a tunnelvisioned a-hole, not a players coach, not a nice guy.
    Maybe next year.:(

10. Very predictable. Run up the middle on first down for 3yds. Run off right tackle on second down for 3 yds. Than with 3rd and six guess what their gunna do? Everyone in the stadium knows whats coming. So we're throwing into double and triple coverage. Brett Farve would look bad under center with that game plan.

Is it just me, or do I see high schools running a more sophisticated offense than the Browns.

11. RareVos

RareVos Lost Sailor

Well... some colleges anyway. Coaches at some of the up-and-coming schools have been very good at adapting the offense to the talent they have and making it count. That is what a good coach does. A bad coach tries to stick whatever players he has into some idealized version of what an offense should look like. When you don't have a top shelf o-line and ground game (or a top shelf air game to take the pressure off your ground game) you don't get to ram it down their throats running off tackle. You MUST come up with CREATIVE solutions to make up for your shortcomings. College coaches live and die like this. Maybe Cleveland should bring in a coach from one of the mid-majors.

12. Comparing DA with Peyton, I don't think he did too bad. I think most of you guys would say Indy had a better defense than Cleveland going into the game. So DA had a tougher opponent than Peyton did. Both guys had tough time with the long ball in the wind and even the kickers were missing. With DA's injury, it only goes to show you really need 2 qbs to make it through the season. Going with only Quinn next year could be a big mistake... Keep Quinn and DA!

13. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i hear michael vick is getting out of prison soon..:p

14. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

And Plax is a sure shot to make your team next year.:p That is if the bengals dont trade whosyourmamma for him.:eek:

15. The game plan was to throw short and short and short some more.... anyone want to guess why? To control the time of possession and keep mr. manning off the field.
    Do you really think DA wants to throw 3 yd passes all game?
    The missing link in the game was that our running game was POOR! Colts D rank 28th against the rush... Lewis got 77 yds!!! WTF!!??
    Don't worry next year the BROWNS will destroy pretty boy's confidence and he'll be trade bait too.

16. Quote Don't worry next year the BROWNS will destroy pretty boy's confidence and he'll be trade bait too.
    Kind of like Tim Couch the third!

17. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

Richard Bartel is the #2 QB!! It ain't over till it's over!! Anyone know where I can pick up a Bartel jersey?

18. Agreed. Romeo is a great guy and I kind of feel bad that he isn't succeeding. But in my mind the primary responsibility of the head coach is two fold...motivate the team and focus the team/coordinators. I think most coordinators get stuck in a rut at times and they need someone to add periodic insight (refocus!) at critical times. Some teams (Steelers/Titans) are always 'juiced' for the game. The Browns come out flat at least half of the time. The key to success in the league (both offensively and defensively) is deception. It is a way to fool the other team and also hide talent deficiency at what a staff considers their weaker positions on the team. I think it's time for a coaching change. They should only consider a GM change if Scott Pioli can be wooed away for the Patriots. Savage is OK if not great; Romeo has got to go. The coaches/team lack consistent focus and discipline. Players get too much of the credit and blame. GM's and coaches build champions. Ok...off my soapbox for now...GO BROWNS!

19. It was first and 12?

Check your math Joe.

20. RareVos

RareVos Lost Sailor

Maybe just make one of these?

[​IMG]