close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Browns Upset Eagles!

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by hardwaterfan, Oct 22, 2004.

1. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

:) Look for Henry to hold his own against Terrel big-mouth Owens and add a 4th pick to his collection. Green and Suggs run over the Eagles D like a train over pennies on a railroad track. Short passing game keeps Browns drives moving. :)

Somehow the Steelers lose a game during their bye week and drop to 5-2 :D

Browns 24
    Eagles 17

GO BROWNS!!!!

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I dont see it hapening, but I do hope you are right!

3. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

If the brownies can stop T.O I'll be impressed

4. The browns are looking good 21- 17 at the half and the running game looks good. If they keep T.O. in check the 2nd. half they might pull it off.

5. flathunter

we lost, good game..Should have went for the first down in ot, 4th and 1 at midfield...

6. Man, what a game. We played hard and had a very good chance to steal the win. The key thing to me was the special teams turnovers. We gave the iggles the real short field twice on turnovers (resulting in 10 points I think). Frisman and JJ have to hang onto the ball no matter what. Frisman said he felt like he let the team down today with the fumble. Hopefully he won't let it get into his head too much. We almost won another one in spite of the turnovers. The pick garcia thew wasn't terrible. The ball was underthrown, but Garcia was hit while throwing. Cutt has to come back for that ball. Unfortunately, he just isn't big/strong enough for that. I dunno Jack, I don't think we can go for that 4th down play. The Iggles tied that earlier and turned the ball over on downs. I feel the punt was the right call there. Really a heartbreaker, but I'm proud of the way we showed up today. Good game all around from the players to the coaches and gameplan IMHO, just wish we could have gotten the win.

Barry

7. flathunter

should we have stuck with the run in the 2nd half?

8. If You Want To Be Dissappointed Just Watch A Pro Sports Team From Cleveland Play......

9. I have to agree with flathunter,you had to know that if you punt at that time,they were going to get into field goal range-and they did.Philly knew that Cleveland was trying to set them up for an offsides call,that's when at the last second,I would have powered the ball right up the gut with Green.I mean we're talking 1 yard,if a pro back can't get 1 yard in a clutch situation,then he isn't worth having.The Eagles couldn't stop the run all day anyway.In a crucial game,at home,in crunch time,you have to be aggressive,not punt the ball away to a team that you couldn't contain their passing game all day long.I've read the stats for this game,other than passing yards,the Browns outplayed the Eagles,even time of possession.It's a shame that for all the effort the team gave today,Davis didn't have the confidence in them to pick up one yard! Of course had they went for it and failed,everyone would be telling me how wrong I was for wanting them to go for it,I don't feel it would be wrong even then-at least they would have shown some aggressiveness,instead of the same old conservatism.

10. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

what a heartbreaker! :(

That was a dang good game though. How about that roughing the passer call with 2:19 in regulation? It shouldnt have even gone to ot. Dont get me wrong, but, that was a bad call.

The Browns played their butts off today. I loved the effort.

Oh well.....all i know is, being a Browns fan isnt easy.

GO BROWNS!!

11. It was a bad call,but they made up with it on the one they called on the Browns when supposedly McNabb was roughed up.To me,I don't think the refs did a bad job,it was a great offensive game.I just wish Davis would have let them play to win instead of playing not to lose!

12. Think being a browns fan is hard.Try the bengals.Think i`ll watch the game from the river while i fish for cats.Go bengals.

13. bttmline

bttmline E.B.C.C. Founder

hey guys
    i loved it and consider it a moral victory. all that T.O. trash talk. the boyss played hard and looked great. and i also think they should have gone on 4th and 1, oh well.
    still the best game of the season.
    bttmline

14. I dunno about abandoning the run. The Eagles looked like they decided the Browns weren't gonna continue running on them in the second half like they were in the first. I think we were averaging something like 8 or 9 yards/carry in the first. In the second half, I seen alot of what looked like shooting linebackers into the gaps to plug the middle. The Eagles finally realized I guess we had no wide receivers other than Northcutt and weren't respecting the pass. Not sure if it was a run blitz or not, but it seemed to throw off our run game a bit. Although I would have liked seeing "Da Terminator" on the field knocking the snot out of someone rather on the sidelines taking in the show. How long has it been that a team sold out to stop the Browns running game lol.

The roughing call on Garcia in the fourth was pretty weak, but I'll take it. The igles got a make up in OT when then refs didn't call delay of game on them when the play clock ran down and McNabb called timeout a second later.

Man, o man... I dunno on that 4th down call to punt the ball away; tough decision I'm glad I did't have to make. What's the rule of thumb, "punt at home, go when away?" I think Butch made the correct call. It didn't matter if we punted or when for it. Had the ball been turned over on downs, he would have been second guessed anyways. Remember earlier in the game when the Eagle went on 4th and less than 1 and got stuffed? I would have loved to see us load up for bear and ram it down their throats, but I think punting was the right call. Had our defense not been able to control the Igles O, then I would have said get'r done. But our D was playing well in the second half and was holding the Iggles O in check until someone lost contain and let that scramble by McNabb happen. No matter the decision, this is the one situation that's gonna be MMQB'd to death. To me the really interesting call would have been to go for 2 on the last TD.... That would have been the one play this game would have been won or lost on.

We had our chances and even though we lost, we played one heck of a game. There's no moral victories on the football field, but I'm proud of the way we showed up against a team noone gave us a chance to even score on, let alone take into OT with 31 points. Now if we can get healthy, teach Antonio Bryant some more plays and bring this kind of intensity into Baltimore in two weeks and Pittsburgh after that I think we got a chance to win each of those games.

Barry