close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Browns - Ravens

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by atrkyhntr, Sep 12, 2004.

1. No contest Browns win 1st opener since re-birth :D

2. catking

catking Banned

Anytime the Rat Birds lose is a good thing. Even if it was the Browns getting the win. The Bengals Carson Palmer looked great in a loss at NY Jets..THE CATKING !!! :)

3. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

That was a great (and somewhat surprising!) way to start the season. :)

Hopefully the peices will continue to shake out into something more cohesive on offense, but the future definitely looks bright! :cool:

What a dominating defensive performance! Special teams looked great too.

Talk about pouring it on late in the game, like a runaway truck.....

GO BROWNS!!

Attached Files:

4. catking

catking Banned

Hey Guys- I missed the score. What was the final in the Browns game? CATKING :)

5. Reel Man

Reel Man Member

Catking- I think the final was something like 20-3. Jeff Garcia is the man! He has been at the top of my draft picks in Fantasy leagues for the last 4 years or so. He's a great leader. They will still stumble this season but look for the Browns to at least head in the right direction.

6. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Wow...what a performance by the defense!
    Garcia to Winslow...I like that! :D

7. I have to admit I was a little leery going into the second half. It looked like just another marketing scheme for another nonexistent product like so many times before (Bernie, CryBaby , etc.)

After Garcia threw 2 passes in a row that bounced in front of the receivers, some of the fans began to boo. Here is the diference....given the same situation, former QB's would have tucked their tail between their legs and on 3rd and long, would have ran the ball up the middle...not Gracie, He went right over the middle to Winslow for a 21 yd. pick up and the rout was on.

I'm not completely sold on Garcia yet, but he's got my respect.

8. catking

catking Banned

Thanks Reel Man- Hey guys, Garcia will get the job done. The Browns, alomg with their defense, might give the Bengals a game this year :D .We will see. CATKING

9. hmnmnm
    sounds like the making of a bet now if only "the king and I" (a movie?) could find any takers [​IMG]

hahahaa... J/K I am with the Brownies do or die ;)

10. when do the browns play the bengals i want some of this too

11. Sunday, October 17 in Cleveland
    Sunday, November 28 in Cincy

12. Sounds like some easy cash to me :) or at least a free meal :eek: :eek:

13. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I am plesantly surprised in the Browns win

14. irishfisherman

irishfisherman Da' Irish Guy

I'm very happy to finally see them come up with a win on the opening game... even more so over the Ravens Heh heh heh

I was somewhat impressed with Garcia, and Winslow didnt look too shabby for that matter either, Green had a great 1, but a BIG HATS off to that defense... man what a difference from last season !!!! the Offense hussled some, but as a team they have a long season ahead, we arent going anywhere until they can rack up some more yardage and of course the all important TD's !!!

Great win guys, work on it next week !!!

15. I was worried coming into this game. I thought Jamal Lewis was going to bring it again. Thank goodness that never started going. I'm surprised no one brought up what everyone was talking about yesterday. Past his "Prime Time" Sanders. Did anyone see the play where he was going to tackle someone and only ended up with air. He looked a little rusty. He was talking so much trash on ESPN's conversation with Micheal Irvin and then went out and looked really bad. I think he needs to go back to retirement.

16. I took some clients from work to the game yesterday and I was worried until the third quarter. That didn't stop them from drinking, though. Great game. The Stadium absolutely erupted when Garcia jumped into the Dawg Pound. It was pretty hot down there and I can't imagine how hot it had to be on the field. We have absolutely GREAT club seats at the company I work for. Oddly enough, Worminator didn't want to go. He missed free drinks all day and a great steak dinner at the Chophouse after the game. I think he spent the day helping his wife clean the garage. :confused:

17. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Sanders...

Did you guys catch the guy in the crowd heckling sanders the whole game? I'm surprised the ABC guys didn't mic down...guy was saying some foul but funny stuff...could hear it clear as a bell.

18. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

I heard it..
    On Sander's little 5 yard return..did you see him lay down like a girl to avoid the hit? :D

19. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Yeah Lew...shocked me, as we all know he doesn't like to get his pants dirty.

20. you have a bet , may be a six pack of your favorite beverage ok