close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Browning Buckmark vs Ruger Mark 3 vs Taurus 94

Discussion in 'Guns and Ammo' started by dinkbuster1, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Went to Bill Goodmans Gun show today with a freind, he was lookig for a holster and i was in the market for a .22 handgun for target shooting/plinking. been eye-balling a Taurus 94 .22 9-shot revolver for some time now (have a thing for revolvers), and recently thought about a Ruger Mark 3 instead. they had those two guns there for very reasonable prices, and then i held a Browning Buckmark and just fell in love! loved the way it fit in my hand! almost bought it, but it didnt come with the extra mag like the ruger did. i am going back tomorrow and i was hoping to get some feedback on these guns before i bought one. accuracy? cost of an extra mag for a browning? quality? etc.. Browning was $279, Taurus was $319, and the ruger was $250. below are the models i looked at
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I'd take a buckmark over a Mark III. The Mark II and the buckmark would be a toss-up, but I'm not a fan of the Mark III. I've never heard a buckmark owner complain.

Eric

Mark II owner

3. alan farver

alan farver purple raiders softball

i agree with bluegill314.i love my stainless 10" bull barrel markII.

4. BIGGUNS

BIGGUNS SFC-ARMY

I myself like wheel guns they are just my choice , when I shot IHMSA (INTERNATIONAL HANDGUN METALLIC SILHOUETTE ASSOCIATION) they never used a auto the wheel guns are more accurate , and faster. I would take the Taurus 94 myself.

5. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i have a mark II 6" bull barrel and it is very accurate. the main draw back is its a bit tuff to strip down for a good cleaning. once you get the hang of it, it gets much easier. dont have any experience with the other 2.

6. meisterdog

meisterdog mr. saturday night

why not try the smith and wesson @ buckeye outdoors for 199.00 just curious. i bought one and it is a very good gun for what you want it for.

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Hard to beat a Ruger Mark II, I agree w/ the other guys. Those Buckmarks are nice though. Dont knock the model 94's either. I have one and love it.

Dink, have you ever held a Walter PT22? They are a very nice 22 auto.

If your still in the market for one, feel free to come over and borrow mine to play around with. I have the Model 94, Mark II and as I was saying the Walther. Can't help ya w/ the Buckmark though.

8. I agree I have had a MarkII for years and love it, almost everybody I know who shoots own one, not sure about the price of a extra mag, if I were to buy a Ruger 22 today I might go with the slabside with the scope mounts.

9. i really liked that .94 i seen at the show, had an unbeatable price to boot! will take you up on those "loaners", give me a ring if you see this post tonight. yes i have hel a walther .22, very nice as well but it seemed a little short.