Brookville water conditions

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by Fletch, May 16, 2008.

1. Fletch

Fletch FishOn

What does the water look like at Brookville? Like coffee w/creamer?
    Thanks

2. Actually, the water's in pretty good shape. I fished from Templeton up past Fairfield ramp and the water clarity was "good". Did not venture north into the idle zone at all. Now the cold fronts that went through yesterday and last night are a different story. Fish were pretty closed mouth today. Expect improvements on Saturday.

3. Fletch

Fletch FishOn

Thanks for the info Stauff

4. Saturday's wind really put it to us. The wind kept changing directions all day, which would then start to put our drift sock under the boat. Eventually just gave the trolling motor a real workout. One pair of guys we were with put over 20 lbs. of walleye in their boat, but the fish were tough to find. Largest eye I saw for the day was close to seven pounds. The cold fronts play havoc with the bite, but the fish are there for those that really work it.
    Caught a lone 15" crappie while drifting for walleye in six foot - he's now in MY pond at home!

5. Fletch

Fletch FishOn

Wow, sounds like you did ok over there. A 15" crappie around this area is a really nice fish - good job!
    I didn't make it over there yet but I hope to get over there by the end of the week.

6. Fletch, once this weather pattern settles in this week, the walleye bite should really turn on. Too bad that it will be Memorial Day weekend because you won't find me anywhere near that place on a holiday, unless I have a video camera and a lawn chair to sit at the ramp to tape "bloopers".
    There was another guy fishing the Indiana Walleye tournament that also had a crappie that was slightly larger than the one I caught. There are some slabs in there! Get over there when you get a chance!

7. Fletch

Fletch FishOn

Thanks Stauff.
    Yeah the lake should be a mad house this weekend. I wouldn't get out on the lake unless someone paid me, and it would have to be a substantial amount!

I might try to get over there before the weekend starts. I'll have to watch the weather and see how work goes.
    Thanks for all of the info I appreciate it!
    Fletch