close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

brookville reports

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by riverKing, Oct 10, 2007.

1. went four times in the past week, 38 landed total, one 20in, a handfull of 15-16 and a bunch of little stockers(10-13), all browns, mostly on small (22-30) emergers. took my buddy with me this evening, he got his first trout on the fly 10in brown, and his first rainbow 13in, drifting a size 14 soft hackle i threw together this morning behind a heavy beadhead. water is in the mid fifties and low, there have been some monsters swiming around

2. sevenx

sevenx "I sat by the river" N.Mc

Riverking, I get the feeling you may have become an addict:). Great job on the fly and figuring out those fish. S

3. We hammered a bunch of risers last weekend over there on #18 Black ants.. gotta love it when they hammer flies on top, mostly browns from 11-14" lost a dandy bow ( maybe 15-16") on about the 3rd jump. I might add that Sunday around 11:00 am, there was 7 different groups of folks just within sight at the Park, it was crazy so we went by the dam and there were 4 different folks working there so we left earlier then we wanted to.

Salmonid

4. i feel your pain with the crowds that get out there on the nice weekends, i do most of my fishing there on weekday evenings so i avoid the big crowds. fishing is a riot when you can get away from the crowds and on some fish though. on the weekends i try to walk way down, there are some very nice pools in the lower part of the stream