brookville reports

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by riverKing, Oct 10, 2007.

1. went four times in the past week, 38 landed total, one 20in, a handfull of 15-16 and a bunch of little stockers(10-13), all browns, mostly on small (22-30) emergers. took my buddy with me this evening, he got his first trout on the fly 10in brown, and his first rainbow 13in, drifting a size 14 soft hackle i threw together this morning behind a heavy beadhead. water is in the mid fifties and low, there have been some monsters swiming around

2. sevenx

sevenx "I sat by the river" N.Mc

Riverking, I get the feeling you may have become an addict:). Great job on the fly and figuring out those fish. S

3. We hammered a bunch of risers last weekend over there on #18 Black ants.. gotta love it when they hammer flies on top, mostly browns from 11-14" lost a dandy bow ( maybe 15-16") on about the 3rd jump. I might add that Sunday around 11:00 am, there was 7 different groups of folks just within sight at the Park, it was crazy so we went by the dam and there were 4 different folks working there so we left earlier then we wanted to.

Salmonid

4. i feel your pain with the crowds that get out there on the nice weekends, i do most of my fishing there on weekday evenings so i avoid the big crowds. fishing is a riot when you can get away from the crowds and on some fish though. on the weekends i try to walk way down, there are some very nice pools in the lower part of the stream