Brookville Lake

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by BiteMyLine, Feb 20, 2008.

1. BiteMyLine

BiteMyLine Just One More Cast

Anybody been fishing here lately. I would like to hit both the tailwaters for trout, or try for some bass, crappie, walleye or stripers in the Lake. I could use some help on some general locations as well for any of the fish listed on the lake. Everytime that I have been there its been horrible fishing and have only caught a few dinks and channel cats. I hear good things from the lake but need some help. Also when is a good time to start hitting this lake?

2. I would like to see some info as well. Fished there in the srping and summer, but never tried winter, either in the lake itself or the tailwaters.

3. i dont know as much about the lake this time of the year, but the tailwater can be good in the winter. walleyes can be taken but you need patience, and a good collection of spoons. as for the trout this past weekend was pretty slow, right now the tailwater is 36.5 degrees, cold enough to slow even trout down, and the water was pretty high, but the fish caught were big and we lost a few as well. up on the lake this time of the year i think most of the walleye are caught in the lower part of the lake jigging deeper points and roadbeds, there are some baitstores on the lake that should know whats going on but i dont have the numbers, if you have questions on the trout shoot me a pm.

4. BiteMyLine

BiteMyLine Just One More Cast

For fishing the tailwaters for walleye and trout, how far or how close do people actually fish to the dam. I have never been or seen the tailwaters so I have no clue as to depth or anything. I would like to get out and do some wading with a fly rod in hand for trout but wouldn't mind going after walleye also. Anybody have good advice on trout flies that are popular for the tailwaters? I have a small assortment of flies, but a lot of wooly buggers. Any tips or advice on tactics for fly fishing for trout would be great. I'm just starting to get back into fly fishing after buying a new setup and tackle and I have never caught a trout on the fly. Please Help!

5. i typically fish off the wall for the eye's directly below the dam, there are a few other area's that hold them but that is the easiest to find. snap jigging spoons and blades is the most effective presentation in the winter. as for flies there is a long list, i have some streamers and nymphs i like, wooly buggers will catch fish(olive is best), i know if you check in 7x's shop in milford he has the whole gettup for brookville and the flies, and would be able to help you in more detail than i would be able to over the net. also the park (maybe a mile down) has been fishing the best this winter for trout, and trout are c&r until april, min on eyes is 14in and i think 6fish