Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tiny , shallow creek runs along the highway by the Zoo. wondering if anyone has tried to fish it, or if you are even allowed. The reason I'm asking is that it is 2min from my work and could make for a nice lunch break...
Janus

·
Registered
571 Posts
it goes right behind my business ---its big creek---forget it---ive seen the water run purple---really!---think there is some dumping goin on upstream---better off stickin to the rocky

·
Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)
5,882 Posts
that creek recives a lot of sewer overflow. nasty "water". the coloration is from American Greetings. apparently it is biodegradeable dyes to make greeting cards and they are allowed to do it.

·
Registered
571 Posts
besides that mess ---they are doing some constuction on the tunneling of big creek under bellaire rd where it has been eroding the soil ---it started 2 weeks ago and will be under constuction for the next 12 months so they say---they have been digging the creek deeper in conjunction with the project---thats going to be upstream of where you have mentioned

·
Robs Guide Service
3,826 Posts
the creek runs behind my dads place in parma...kaka water!!!!!!!! We get most of our crappie minnows from it. I used to take my daughter down and throw on some bread and let her catch the big chubs...Whats funny is when we use the minnow net, we pull up alot of bluegill and small bass here and there. Last year, and my hand to god on this, we even netted a 10" pike!!!:confused: Other than that(getting good muskie and crappie bait) the creek is useless!!!

·
Konfused Kayaker
5,180 Posts
Yup, FreyedKnot beat me to it. A fellow I know that runs the aquariums at the
zoo said they've seen steelies right behind their breakroom......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts