Brook Trout today, 3/29/08

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by CoolWater, Mar 29, 2008.

1. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

Every now and then you get one of those surprise catches... today I got a small Brook Trout out of Cold Creek. This makes my third Brookie out of CC since 2001, this being the smallest of the three but a nice surprise. Gotta admit that's a good looking species. A couple quick snapshots and released.

[​IMG]

2. where do they alow fishing in cold creek now?

3. PapawSmith

PapawSmith Bud n Burgers

Very nice Coolwater, great to see in an Ohio stream. In Northern Michigan, where they are plentiful, we fish swamp creeks (you can spit across them) with ice gear in summer. Brass hooks with a half red worm for small Brookies. Eggs, bacon, potatoes, and half a dozen of them for breakfast.....holy crap!! I'm sure you've been there. ;)

4. We camp right along the Black River when we go Mushroom hunting up in the Pigeon River Forest. I do know what you are talking about. Man they are delicious.

5. The only access to Cold Creek is at The Cold Creek Trout Camp ($5.00 a day to fish)

CoolWater, Sweet catch. Maybe one of these days I'll get lucky enough to get a brookie on the fly rod.