close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

broken hand= shattered dreams

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Raines, Mar 7, 2005.

1. tonight i let my temper get the best of me.tommorow i get pins in my hand,but all i keep thinking of is how will i cast.the doctor handed down a 6 week sentence for stupid behaviour . next time i get that mad im kicking something! lets make it fair no fishing for everyone for six weeks :D

2. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Watch out if you kick something! You may end up not being able walk to the fishing holes! :eek:

3. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

You actually should consider just taking in a good deep breath instead! :D

4. I think the Doctor should take care of the cast. :D

5. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

I broke a bone in my hand on time and broke a toe another.
    Now I just take a deep breathe and cus alot :D
    get well soon.

6. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

My assumption is that you received a "boxer's" fracture, probably of the 5th metacarpal. In layman's terms, your pinky base knuckle broke off and bent into the hand. That is a VERY common break. I had one in 11th grade where I knocked out some kid up at open gym one night (he had it coming). I had to have to pins inserted as well.

I had the cast on 6 weeks, but it takes MUCH longer than that to recover. I could only bend my pinky finger maybe 1/3 of the way, and didn't get full motion back for 6 months. It will be VERY tender for a long time. About 2 months after my cast was off, I was at an Indians game with a buddy and we hit a HR. My and my buddy high-fived each other. I accidentally used my healing hand, then we made contact. I almost passed out from the sharp pain. Be careful! You WILL have learned you lesson when it is all said and done!

7. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I smashed my finger last year between dumbells and boy did it take a LONG time to heal. I learned my lesson, which was to put the dumbells away when you are not using them. They belong on the rack, not under your bench. Duh.

8. Way To Go Bonehead. How Are Ya Gonna Work? Let Me Know If You Need Any Help. Shoulda Went Fishing With Us.

9. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

I got in a fight when I was a teenager and broke my hand, it was worth it, but much like you I had to wear a cast on my arm. It didn't stop me from fishing though, although I thought it would.

Just switch the handle on your spinning reels if your right handed, its a little awkward reeling, but hey, it beats the alternative of not fishing at all!

10. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

Hey, I seen guys with no arms can dress themselves and make breakfast. I seen guys with no legs climb mountains. Surely you can figger out how to cast with one arm, if you want to! :) I'm thinkin a molded-in rodholder on the cast, find someone handy with fiberglass.

11. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

At least he offered to help after he called you a bonehead.

12. I broke the knuckles in myright hand severaltimes when i was younger .....i feel for ya, but take everyones advice bud, just take a deep one and maybe count to ten before reacting...goodluck to you..tony

13. will this ruin your sex life to?

14. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

OUCH Harry, that is COLD! :eek:

15. not hardly. paid him a visit. he said he's going to have the cast specially made.

16. I kicked something once and broke two toes.
    Now I just holler and cuss.
    It doesn't help much -- especially in the blood pressure department -- but it don't hurt when I'm done.

17. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Oh, Harry......gheesh, I could make alot of jokes from that.

Next time you decide to get mad, don't. Remember this, don't sweat the small stuff & it's all small stuff.

18. no pins needed just anger management classes and 6weeks to think about alternatives to hitting things.for the record sliderville isn't a man, and my sex life is a challenge now how do tou lefties do it? PLEASE DON'T ANSWER THAT!!!

19. Elamenohpee

Elamenohpee Banned

Or at least an "Anger Managment" course....maybe put a cast on BEFORE you hit something :rolleyes:

20. Hey at least your not in my sittuation. And yes harry It has impacted it :mad: