close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Broke out the fly rod

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by KSUFLASH, Jul 2, 2007.

1. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

After my nap yestday, I broke out the fly rod to do some fishing. Threw on some hand tied flies and got into some nice gills. What a blast. Threw on a popper for some top water action, and the fish were just as happy to hit topwater as they were my nymph patterns. I lost a bass on the fly rod as well. I am not a pro with the fly rod....

Below is a few pics.

flash-----------------------------------out

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. So where were you fishing at yesterday? I been thinking of taking the flyrod out to the Hoga and wading a bit. Maybe just below Munroe falls near the quarry. Some decent wood in the water near some shallow wadable areas.

Huntinbull

3. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

I fished at a private lake yesterday. Gotta love those spots where the fish are very hungry!!!

flash-----------------------------out

4. Fly fishing is my favorite. Love to catch lg gills, and those two pound bass makes that fly rod double over with enjoyment!

5. sevenx

sevenx "I sat by the river" N.Mc

Those big gills can be tough little guys on the fly. Love fishing for them on top. Glad to here you had a good day on the water. S

6. Nice gills flash! Looks like you had a blast.