close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bristol Destroyed

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Live2Fish, Aug 27, 2007.

1. I feel the rebuild of Bristol destroyed it. The race didn't even seem like a short track race. I miss the old days of NASCAR (Winston Cup).

2. sporty

sporty OGF Team - Charter Member

Passing on the outside at Bristol????????

However, the fall race at Bristol will still be my #1 pic for being at the race.

3. I didn't get a chance to watch the race. Go figure, the one race I look forward to each and every year and my wife had to plan for us to do something that night...LOL I guess I'll wait til the spring to see how the track has changed.

4. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

It was definately different. Not sure if I like it. 100 lap green flag racing at Bristol is kinda boring.

5. shwookie

shwookie fishing from a kayak

I went to the night race a year or 2 ago when Kenseth dominated, that race started out with like 75 green flag laps.
    I will say the racing lines had me scratching my head, and green flag pit stops were nuts. I missed the old racing, just not the old bristol where if you got shoved off the bottom, you got passed like crazy.
    I was surprised and disappointed by the lack of action overall.
    Maybe next year will be better.

I also think the COT is mostly to blame. With them being all squared and obviously well armoured, there was no beating and banging. Those cars literally looked like bricks out there.