close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bring in Quinn!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by smallie75, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Maybe Quinn would want us to make the playoffs!!!! DA looks like a Div.4 quarterback. Did someone tell the brownies that if they win they're in. They thought the Bengals would roll over for them..... Bring in Quinn!!!!:p :p

2. I agree!...I have said all year that Anderson is the recipient of a brilliant offense, thanks to Chudzinski, but DA is NOT the QB of the future. The guy makes way too many stupid mistakes. IMHO, the Browns should trade him to move up in the draft & give Brady his shot. Right now, we should be leading this game "at least" 7-6 & more if it weren't for 2 end zone interceptions thrown by Anderson. In the 1st half, with 1:47 left & down by 6, the ONE thing most important was to take NO chances & be down by no more than 6 at half-time.....NOT 19!!
    Mike

3. streamstalker

streamstalker deleted

Are you kidding me? This guy takes over at the beginning of the season with virtually no NFL experience and takes a team that was a virtual laughingstock in the league to the edge of the playoffs. All you guys have to do is beat the pathetic 49's next week and you are in. Do you realize how much they put on this kid's shoulders and how well he has responded--obviously not! It's not like they were playing some kind of limited offense like they gave Rothlisberger his first year.

As a Steeler fan, I hope they do let him get away so I can take some satisfaction in watching him beat you guys.

4. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

No one is joking. me and my dad have been saying it all year, Quinn is the browns QB. Anderson is not that good of a QB, his TE and WR's make him good, he always throws behind them or high. Plus he had Winslow widethat last play and did what? Missed him. Just a bad game by #3 nothing more, the Bengals did not beat the Browns, #3 did. Dont want to back into the playoffs but go Jets, beat Ten.

5. I stand by my statement that DA benefited from a dynamic offense coupled with a dramatically improved offensive line, outstanding receivers, & an excellent power back. I am not convinced he is a premier QB...you don't see "premier" QBs forcing throws into coverage like he does. ONE player doesn't get a team to the playoffs, but ONE player may have taken them OUT of the playoffs.
    BTW, beating the 49ers gets them in IF Tennessee loses a game.....a strong possibility as TN has to play the Colts, but it would be nice if we didn't "back in". This game should have been won by the Browns.....PERIOD!!
    Mike

Jacob...I also agree 100% with your signature! It keeps great ponds great!

6. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

Forgot to say the Browns D played a great game, like to see them play like that the rest of the year and in the playoffs, besides giving up that many rush yards, but we have 3 healthy linemen.

7. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Do you guys really beleive Quinn is ready to take over this team? :eek:

8. streamstalker

streamstalker deleted

Yeah...I guess you guys are right. I imagine that guys like Phil Sims and Ron Jaworski that sang his praises all year were wrong. What the hell do they know about quarterbacks anyway?

9. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

It's a good thing you fellows have a fishing interest and no aspirations for coaching football or being a G.M....! :eek: :rolleyes: :D

10. corndawg

corndawg Go Bulldogs!!!

As a rule I try not to agree with a steeler fan but I do agree with Streamstalker. Quinn is unproven. IMO, to pull Anderson this deep into the season would be a mistake. The o-line, backs and receivers believe in him. If DA was pulled and Quinn starts to choke, what are you going to do, yell for Dorsey? Leave it be. We’ve gone farther than any one expected.

11. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Praises... from what? Preseason compitition. Dude, ....... never mind.:confused: You're right, they're right.!@

12. This popcorn is pretty bland!! needs a little butter!!!

13. It was only a matter of time this year for some "Analyst" to say bring in "Kelly, no I mean Garcia, whoever is second string". They played awful! They should have run the ball more. Bottom line Anderson had a bad game but he still has thrown for 28 Tds and 3600yds!! Bench him! Your kidding right?

14. Anderson had a crappy game, but Quinn isn't the answer.

A game plan on both sides of the ball that let the team play to win instead of playing not to lose may have helped a little... Some adjustments earlier in the game may have helped a little...

The team that showed up won the game, hands down, and they even tried to give it away. To little from the Browns too late.

15. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Okay, let's keep it real here...! :D There's a OGF custom hat on the line and if I'm not mistaken, I'm still in the running to pick that baby up. Leave Quinn on the bench for another game, she just isn't ready, next year maybe she'll get it done...but in the mean time, it's Hat's-R-us...! ;) How's that for competitive...!:D

16. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

How many carries did Lewis have today? I'd say they were'nt out played. They were out coached. Tomlin would have run Parker 30 times in a game like that. Coach Lewis ran Watson how many times?

17. Tee

Tee Team OGF

:D

~Now thats funny !!

:p
    :D

18. Tee

Tee Team OGF

Watson had 30 rushes for 130 yards.

19. How many of you that sing DA's praises ever played as a Receiver ? I know I would be asking him every time he hung me out to dry. Back in the huddle I would ask " I hope you are feeling ok because those DBs are killing me. "

Most good QB's apologise when they hang a receiver out like that. Not Derek he just keeps pitching them. In case you do not know what it feels like. Stand on your tip toes and let two guys hit you with sledge hammers. I predict he will quit throwing high about the time Charley Frye will quit staring at the primary receiver.

20. He's probably hung 'em out to dry as many times as they have turned to run with the ball before they catch it, ran wrong routes, etc. Anderson played horrible! But you win as a team you lose as a team! As I alluded to earlier and Chaunc said why did we not run more?!!!!